Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bengals v. Lions Pre-Season

Re: Bengals v. Lions Pre-Season

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    You do realize that Irons plays offense not defense, right?
    He does? Oops, I got confused. I thought he was our new linebacker.

I'm just stating the fact that this team can't afford to have any more key injuries, especially on defense where they're very thin.

If the Bengals stay healthy, they'll win 10+ games. But, if they have a couple more 'major' injuries they might be lucky to go 8-8 again.

I guess that could be said for every team, but the Bengals do seem to have more guys injured this year compared to previous years.

Irons' injury really frustrates me. I was really looking forward to watching him play.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Yes he has. In 2005 at Cleveland, the game was tied up at 20-20. As time expired, Shayne kicked a game winning FG to move us closer to the AFCN division title.
    It was in Cincinnati. And it was cold. Reallllllllllllly Cold.

And it wasn't clutch. Shayne's Mom could have made the chip shot from the middle of the field.

I thought that was the day Charlie Frye had a shot to be a decent quarterback in the league.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    You do realize that Irons plays offense not defense, right?
    Love the avatar--go Cards. (Says the guy who turns a blind eye to NCAA corruption .
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

On the way home from the Cleveland game, we were drunkingly yelling "WHO DEY!" and acting crazy when my friend reached out her window and gave a man on the street a high-five at 30 MPH. I bet both of them were in a lot of pain--I know my friend was.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Has Shayne Graham made a clutch kick in his life?

And in 2004 he made the game winner at the gun at Baltimore. Shayne is a great kicker, I hope these last two misses don't get in his head. And to the guy who brought up the Denver game last year, a bad snap costed us that one.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

I hope it doesn't get into his head either. This kick was a 48 yarder, it's not like its a gimme or anything.

It's like the people who make jokes about Scott Norwood "choking" because he couldn't hit a 47 yard field goal off a wet turf.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    And in 2004 he made the game winner at the gun at Baltimore. Shayne is a great kicker, I hope these last two misses don't get in his head. And to the guy who brought up the Denver game last year, a bad snap costed us that one.
    I remember that one because I had just gotten back in the car to hear the kick, and Johansenn says "It's triple zeroes on the scoreboard and the Bengals have won."

I turned to my friend and said, "You know youre team has a bad history when the announcer has to explicitly say there is no time left to screw this game up."
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?