Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Coutlangus shelled

Coutlangus shelled

Sorry, if this is a repeat, but thought it was interesting. Many didn't want him to go, but he needs to throw strikes and he gave up 5 runs on 4 hits, 2 walks and 2 HRs allowed without recording an out. Looks like in the short-term his conidence was killed.

On a Brighter note Hamilton has at least a hit in all 3 games in AAA. I think he's ready.
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Coutlangus shelled

It might just be that he was annoyed at being sent down, despite being the 2nd best arm in the pen.

His head may not have been 100% in the game if he thought he was screwed over. People can question his intestinal fortitude or whatever, but all humans tend not to perform as well in the short term after they feel they've been screwed over by the boss.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Maybe so! That's a pretty bad outting though. He's command all year has been suspect. Sounds more of the same. 2 walks which let to him just trying to get it over the plate and then you have 2 HRs.

Here's a post from the Minor League forum reporting directly following the game

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=61

Who is Key. Someone who went to the game? Sounded like the catcher himself. Very interesting about him not caring on demotion, but how does he know that. Thanks though. Nice somments on Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1 View Post
    Who is Key. Someone who went to the game? Sounded like the catcher himself. Very interesting about him not caring on demotion, but how does he know that. Thanks though. Nice somments on Salmon
    I'm not sure if you are being fetious or not but it does sound like the catcher, doesn't it?

Check http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...t=61259&page=2 if you aren't sure.

Rem

Wow. I missed all that. Who's the catcher in AAA anyways. LOL - just kidding.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Happens to the best of them. Classic case of trying to do something extra after being sent down. Getting away from what got you there will get you a 5 run inning in a hurry. If he gets rocked every night out then we'll talk.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1 View Post

On a Brighter note Hamilton has at least a hit in all 3 games in AAA. I think he's ready.
    We don't need Hamilton. We already have Hopper and Ellison.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    We don't need Hamilton. We already have Hopper and Ellison.
    I can, to a degree, understand WHY guys like Hopper and Ellsion are currently on this team. What other options are currently at our disposal? And I see Ellison as simply fodder since Freel went down for the season. He'll be in the farm system next year if lucky.

But what bothers me is seeing Hopper and Phillips leading off last night. I would really like to know Pete's logic behind this? I know what he is going to say, since he follows the thinking of being aggressive and hustle; but those aspects are only worthy once you get on base.

I can see Hopper in the utility role. That doesn't bother me one bit.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?