• Ankiel

3 7.32%
  • Hamilton

14 34.15%
  • D. Young

24 58.54%

Thread: NL Comeback Player of the Year

NL Comeback Player of the Year

Some pretty amazing stories thus far in Ankiel and Hamilton and Dmitri Young has rebounded very solidly... Its a little too early for this but theres some pretty interesting discussion here. Who deserves this and why?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NL Comeback Player of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by redsandrails View Post
    Some pretty amazing stories thus far in Ankiel and Hamilton and Dmitri Young has rebounded very solidly... Its a little too early for this but theres some pretty interesting discussion here. Who deserves this and why?
    I'd vote for jon lester
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Quote Originally Posted by mound_patrol View Post
    I'd vote for jon lester
    NL Comeback Player of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by mound_patrol View Post
    I'd vote for jon lester
    NATIONAL league there buddy

Young by a long shot

Senor Votto

Hamilton

aww my bad...I thought the award only went to one player throughout baseball. I'd say young.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Dmitri deserves it.

Can you even consider Hamilton "comeback"? I know what he's been through, but when I think of NL Comeback Player of the Year, I think of someone who has performed at a high level in the majors before.

As great as Hamilton's story is, Young's accomplished a little more, IMO. He was an all-star for crying out loud.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Josh Hamilton is a rookie how is he comeback player of the year? I know what he went through and he has comeback from the brink of hell but he is not even eligble for the award.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Josh Hamilton is a rookie how is he comeback player of the year? I know what he went through and he has comeback from the brink of hell but he is not even eligble for the award.
    Good question. He's not coming back, he was never there to be a part of anything until this season.

I dunno... i think that is a viable case that he is "comeback" material judging that he was out of the game entirely at one point. He "came back" to being a legit baseball player and is living up to his potential... i mean rookie with a .900+ OPS is very impressive. Besides... NL Comeback player does not neccessarily mean a player who used to play in the NL before his decline and recently rebounded in the NL; just means recently rebounded.

I would easily give this to Young based on stats and stature alone. Hamilton has been a great Nat'l story in the beginning of the year but has not played enough to be considered "coming back".

Young on the other hand was a star (not superstar, but well known throughout baseball for many years) with many forms of success. After what many if call a wasted season w/ DET last year; he has returned to form as a solid .300 contact hitter.

CHEERS to Dmitri Young...soberity may be the toughest achievement in life

but...

Also applaude Josh for fighting off the demons every day...cocaine is a hell of a drug
    Larkin is a First-Ballot HOFer in my book...

It was not an option, but I would give it to Ken Griffey Jr.

Turn Off Ads?