Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Tips for New York

Tips for New York

This post may be a little self serving but I have recently accepted a post in New York (be arriving late September) and was wondering if there are any tips for REDS and EPL follower. For instance best option for getting REDS baseball and EPL on cable. Best bar or is there an EPL or REDS hang out in the big city. Any other tips would be handy too.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tips for New York

Here's a list of "soccer friendly" pubs in NY:

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/1288602

Make sure your cable system has Fox Soccer Channel. They show EPL (and many other games).

As for Reds baseball. Some cable systems carry MLB Extra Innings package. For about $150 per year, you can watch games from every market.

Where in NY will you be living?
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

At the moment haven't decided yet - but the job is in midtown so somewhere near there. Have so much stuff to do for the move. It is good to see that the REDS are climbing back up the ladder.

Thanks for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    At the moment haven't decided yet - but the job is in midtown so somewhere near there. Have so much stuff to do for the move. It is good to see that the REDS are climbing back up the ladder.

Thanks for the tips.
    I live in NJ and work in midtown...PM me if you have any specific questions.

There was a small pub near Times Square called the St. Andrews that seemed to show a lot of soccer matches on their TVs--we stayed at the hotel next door to it during a recent trip. i don't really follow soccer, so I haven't a clue whether it was EPL or not, but it's worth a shot perhaps. The pub bills itself as the only Scottish pub in New York. They served haggis, and I did not partake in it.

http://www.standrewsnyc.com/
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Turn Off Ads?