Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bray up, Belisle down

Bray up, Belisle down

TRANSACTIONS: Prior to this afternoon's game the Reds optioned to Louisville RHP Matt Belisle and recalled from Louisville LHP Bill Bray (#45)...in last night's 11-inning, 12-7 loss vs SD the Reds used every pitcher in the bullpen...with Mon's off day, the Reds won't need a fifth starter until 8/18
    Most Vottomatic Player

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bray up, Belisle down

How about sending Victor Santos packing and bring up Salmon, now.

Quote Originally Posted by roby View Post
    How about sending Victor Santos packing and bring up Salmon, now.
    Or send Stanton packing and bring up Coutlangus
    Most Vottomatic Player

Hell, why not send Stanton and Santos packing and bring up Salmon and Coutlangus.

Quote Originally Posted by Prf15 View Post
    Hell, why not send Stanton and Santos packing and bring up Salmon and Coutlangus.
    Killing two birds with one stone. I like it.
    Most Vottomatic Player

RotoHester

Looks like we've cornered the market on lefty relievers. Bray, Everyday Eddie, Gosling, Stanton...bring back Coutlangus for Santos and we'd be SET!!!

smart move

Quote Originally Posted by wojo1025 View Post
    Looks like we've cornered the market on lefty relievers. Bray, Everyday Eddie, Gosling, Stanton...bring back Coutlangus for Santos and we'd be SET!!!
    I can't imagine Eddie coming back next year. He had a team option for 3.5 million dollars and the guy's pitched twice this year so far. People who hate the Dunn option should also hate this one. I'm not sold on Gosling I'd never not even have the kid on the team Coutlangus is a better option I think.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    I can't imagine Eddie coming back next year. He had a team option for 3.5 million dollars and the guy's pitched twice this year so far. People who hate the Dunn option should also hate this one. I'm not sold on Gosling I'd never not even have the kid on the team Coutlangus is a better option I think.
    Yea I absolutely hate Eddie coming back. If he was tossing better stuff i could deal with it but not stuff that we can replace with anyone for league minimum. I dont mind Gosling as long as we dont have Santos, Saarloos. We dont need 3 of the same guy down there.

got alil captain in u?

good move belisle needs to go to the pen where he can help this club. I'd much rather see dumatrait out there starting every 4th or 5th day than belisle. Belisle has had his chances and hasn't taken his adavantages of them.

this bullpen is such a joke...can anyone get an out?...
    Reds fan since 1970

Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Red View Post
    this bullpen is such a joke...can anyone get an out?...
    They did fairly well last night.

unfortunately question is still unanswered here in August.

I would like to see Matt Belisle slide into Victor Santos' role for next year. He can be the long man out of the pen and give you the occassional spot start. I think he could be fairly successful at that role, much better than Santos ever will be. Plus, in the past he has been better at his spot starts than he has his scheduled ones..
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

I would love to see Bray put in as the 8th inning setup guy, with hopes that he could be the closer for next year. He has the best stuff of anyone in the pen, let's see if he has the makeup of a closer.
    I have a feeling that if he had not gotten injured, the Red's season would have been very different this year.

Turn Off Ads?