Pete said Bailey might make the start on the 18th

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bray up, Belisle down

I just want to see someone throw some heat besides Burton

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    Interesting.

Anyone else taking the road trip this week? I got Wrigley tickets for Thursday and then Miller Park tickets on Friday.

Wonder how the pitching matchups shake out now.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I would love to see Bray put in as the 8th inning setup guy, with hopes that he could be the closer for next year. He has the best stuff of anyone in the pen, let's see if he has the makeup of a closer.
    I have a feeling that if he had not gotten injured, the Red's season would have been very different this year.
    I agree with your thinking on Bray. Give him the 8th and see what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post

From Fay's Blog:

"Pete Mackanin told reporters that Homer Bailey would not be a candidate to make the start of the 18th."

So which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by jnwohio View Post
    From Fay's Blog:

"Pete Mackanin told reporters that Homer Bailey would not be a candidate to make the start of the 18th."

So which is it?
    apparently i read it wrong or it was a typo when i read it.

I hope to see Belisle tons next year, pitching against Cincy that is.

I suppose Belisle was too inconsistant to stay in the rotation. It is an open question who will take his spot in the rotation .As for Bray, I heard he was doing well in Louisville. Bray pitched 2/3 of an inning today, allowing 1 hit and 0 runs. A good start for him this year.
    Last edited by AmarilloRed; 08-11-2007 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Bray pitched in today's game

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I would love to see Bray put in as the 8th inning setup guy, with hopes that he could be the closer for next year. He has the best stuff of anyone in the pen, let's see if he has the makeup of a closer.
    I have a feeling that if he had not gotten injured, the Red's season would have been very different this year.
    I agree with this observation. If the Med staff hadn't blown the diagnosis on his spring training injury, Bray may very well have been here sooner, and we'd know more about what role(s) he can fill. Closer? Maybe. Alas, another answer postponed until next year.

Anybody seriously think Matt Belisle's a better option at the end of the rotation than Justin Germano?

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Anybody seriously think Matt Belisle's a better option at the end of the rotation than Justin Germano?
    Considering only of the players in question is a part of the Reds organization, I'd have to go with yes.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Yes, no doubt in my mind.

I would love to see Beliele get one more year in the bigs. He has a very powerful arm. That is the one thing that a pitching coach can't teach. I think if we give him next year he might be a decent middle reliever. As for Guardado, Obdviously I wouldn't exercise his option. I would like to see him come back with an invitation to Spring training. He is a terrific clubhouse presence from what I have heard. I was amazed how quickly his aquisition last year stabilized this bullpen.

Didn't Belisle also pitching in winter ball after last season? If so, he just may be wearing down. I'd give him another year.

Yeah. Thats true. Bronson pitched in Japan, and he isn't having a good year either.

Turn Off Ads?