Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: BCS predictions

  1. #1
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,918

    BCS predictions

    COLLEGE FOOTBALL '07: Crystal ball: USC vs. Texas for title

    By RALPH D. RUSSO, AP College Football Writer
    August 11, 2007

    The BCS national championship game moves to New Orleans this season. Here's who'll be there and at the other Bowl Championship Series games -- maybe.

    BCS national championship game, Jan. 7 in New Orleans

    Southern California vs. Texas


    A rematch of the classic Rose Bowl title game from two seasons, but with no Vince Young to keep the Trojans for winning it all.

    Orange Bowl, Jan. 3 in Miami

    Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia


    The Hokies will have the nation's best defense east of Los Angeles, and the Mountaineers will have the best offense with Pat White and Steve Slaton.

    Fiesta Bowl, Jan. 2 in Glendale, Ariz.

    Florida vs. Wisconsin


    After going 12-1 and no BCS last year, Badgers get there this time. This is how defending champion Gators rebuild.

    Sugar Bowl, Jan. 1 in New Orleans

    LSU vs. TCU


    The Tigers might be a little disappointed with a second straight trip down state. The Horned Frogs are this year's BCS buster -- they get there with one loss, falling to Texas.

    Rose Bowl, Jan. 1 in Pasadena, Calif.

    California vs. Michigan


    The Bears get to the Rose Bowl for the first time since 1959. The Wolverines get there for fourth time in five years, but this time they win it.
    Most Vottomatic Player

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lubbock, Texas
    Posts
    1,362

    Re: BCS predictions

    The University of Oklahoma will be better than Texas this season and I wouldn't be surprised if OU is in the title game. If Oklahoma beats Miami handily, Oklahoma has a real good shot of winning out. The only reason they are not ranked higher is they don't have an established QB but Bob Stoops knows what he's doing.
    Also, I think there might be an OSU-OSU bowl game with Oklahoma State playing Ohio State in the Alamo Bowl.

  4. #3
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: BCS predictions

    No one will be able to get anywhere near USC this year. They're going to breeze to another natoinal title.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  5. #4
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,246

    Re: BCS predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    No one will be able to get anywhere near USC this year. They're going to breeze to another natoinal title.
    For some reason I think USC stubs their toe in the PAC10 this year.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  6. #5
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: BCS predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    For some reason I think USC stubs their toe in the PAC10 this year.
    I hope your'e right, but I just don't see anyone out there capale of beating them.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: BCS predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I hope your'e right, but I just don't see anyone out there capale of beating them.
    I think Pete will find a way to lose a game. They have a pretty difficult schedule.

  8. #7
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,415

    Re: BCS predictions

    Ohio State has a more talented overall team than last year. I expect them back in a BCS game.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

  9. #8
    Member Gainesville Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,168

    Re: BCS predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Ohio State has a more talented overall team than last year. I expect them back in a BCS game.
    I guess if OSU's going for a title, we'd better meet them there. That usually turns out pretty well.

    Krono's got my back.
    Last edited by Gainesville Red; 08-13-2007 at 01:16 AM.

  10. #9
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,717

    Re: BCS predictions

    Sounds like a plan.

    My BCS guesstimates have been way off the last few years so I'll skip them this year other then to say someone is coming out of the Big East undefeated.
    Go Gators!

  11. #10
    Member 11larkin11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bellefontaine,OH
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: BCS predictions

    I'm going to go out on a limb and say Boise State goes undefeated again, and still doesn't make the Nat'l Champ. Game.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

    ---TRF

    "I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

    --Bronson Arroyo

  12. #11
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,246

    Re: BCS predictions

    I agree Krono. Put Louisville, West Virginia, and Rutgers in a hat and pull one out.

    Ohio State is my third maybe fourth choice in the Big Ten.
    Michigan #1
    Wisconsin #2
    Penn State #4

    Ohio State has no experience at QB, and no proven playmakers on offense, not named Chris Wells. That defense was shredded the last two games last season, and in the spring none of the in house QB's could move the ball against them. On paper the defense gets better, but I don't know how much. I expect a return to playing for field position and a lot of punting.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  13. #12
    Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    6,490

    Re: BCS predictions

    Wisconsin v. USC for all the marbles - and the Rose Bowl is hating life in the BCS

  14. #13
    SERP Emeritus paintmered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Cbus
    Posts
    7,054

    Re: BCS predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I agree Krono. Put Louisville, West Virginia, and Rutgers in a hat and pull one out.

    Ohio State is my third maybe fourth choice in the Big Ten.
    Michigan #1
    Wisconsin #2
    Penn State #4

    Ohio State has no experience at QB, and no proven playmakers on offense, not named Chris Wells. That defense was shredded the last two games last season, and in the spring none of the in house QB's could move the ball against them. On paper the defense gets better, but I don't know how much. I expect a return to playing for field position and a lot of punting.
    I wouldn't write off Todd Boeckman. He's worn so many redshirts and greyshirts over the years, he's practically Chris Weinke at this point.

    Let's put it this way, when I was a sophomore in high school, I watched him play in the high school playoffs at St. Henry as a freshman. I've now graduated from a 5-year program and he's starting his first year at quarterback as a junior.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

  15. #14
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,246

    Re: BCS predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I wouldn't write off Todd Boeckman. He's worn so many redshirts and greyshirts over the years, he's practically Chris Weinke at this point.

    Let's put it this way, when I was a sophomore in high school, I watched him play in the high school playoffs at St. Henry as a freshman. I've now graduated from a 5-year program and he's starting his first year at quarterback as a junior.
    I have absolutely no doubt that Boeckman knows the entire playbook. I just don't know if he is ready to command a team on the big stage. Remember he didn't play most of his senior year in high school because of injury. It has been a long time since Todd has been in the huddle as the leader and playmaker.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: BCS predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I have absolutely no doubt that Boeckman knows the entire playbook. I just don't know if he is ready to command a team on the big stage. Remember he didn't play most of his senior year in high school because of injury. It has been a long time since Todd has been in the huddle as the leader and playmaker.
    True but he has about 6 games to figure that out. If he can lead the offense and make it his team he has several games before Bucky comes to town and then going up north.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25