Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BCS predictions

Senor Votto

BCS predictions

COLLEGE FOOTBALL '07: Crystal ball: USC vs. Texas for title

By RALPH D. RUSSO, AP College Football Writer
    August 11, 2007

The BCS national championship game moves to New Orleans this season. Here's who'll be there and at the other Bowl Championship Series games -- maybe.

BCS national championship game, Jan. 7 in New Orleans

Southern California vs. Texas

A rematch of the classic Rose Bowl title game from two seasons, but with no Vince Young to keep the Trojans for winning it all.

Orange Bowl, Jan. 3 in Miami

Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia

The Hokies will have the nation's best defense east of Los Angeles, and the Mountaineers will have the best offense with Pat White and Steve Slaton.

Fiesta Bowl, Jan. 2 in Glendale, Ariz.

Florida vs. Wisconsin

After going 12-1 and no BCS last year, Badgers get there this time. This is how defending champion Gators rebuild.

Sugar Bowl, Jan. 1 in New Orleans

LSU vs. TCU

The Tigers might be a little disappointed with a second straight trip down state. The Horned Frogs are this year's BCS buster -- they get there with one loss, falling to Texas.

Rose Bowl, Jan. 1 in Pasadena, Calif.

California vs. Michigan

The Bears get to the Rose Bowl for the first time since 1959. The Wolverines get there for fourth time in five years, but this time they win it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: BCS predictions

The University of Oklahoma will be better than Texas this season and I wouldn't be surprised if OU is in the title game. If Oklahoma beats Miami handily, Oklahoma has a real good shot of winning out. The only reason they are not ranked higher is they don't have an established QB but Bob Stoops knows what he's doing.
    Also, I think there might be an OSU-OSU bowl game with Oklahoma State playing Ohio State in the Alamo Bowl.

No one will be able to get anywhere near USC this year. They're going to breeze to another natoinal title.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    No one will be able to get anywhere near USC this year. They're going to breeze to another natoinal title.
    For some reason I think USC stubs their toe in the PAC10 this year.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    For some reason I think USC stubs their toe in the PAC10 this year.
    I hope your'e right, but I just don't see anyone out there capale of beating them.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I hope your'e right, but I just don't see anyone out there capale of beating them.
    I think Pete will find a way to lose a game. They have a pretty difficult schedule.

Ohio State has a more talented overall team than last year. I expect them back in a BCS game.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Ohio State has a more talented overall team than last year. I expect them back in a BCS game.
    I guess if OSU's going for a title, we'd better meet them there. That usually turns out pretty well.

Krono's got my back.
    Last edited by Gainesville Red; 08-13-2007 at 12:16 AM.

Sounds like a plan.

My BCS guesstimates have been way off the last few years so I'll skip them this year other then to say someone is coming out of the Big East undefeated.
    Go Gators!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Boise State goes undefeated again, and still doesn't make the Nat'l Champ. Game.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

I agree Krono. Put Louisville, West Virginia, and Rutgers in a hat and pull one out.

Ohio State is my third maybe fourth choice in the Big Ten.
    Michigan #1
    Wisconsin #2
    Penn State #4

Ohio State has no experience at QB, and no proven playmakers on offense, not named Chris Wells. That defense was shredded the last two games last season, and in the spring none of the in house QB's could move the ball against them. On paper the defense gets better, but I don't know how much. I expect a return to playing for field position and a lot of punting.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Wisconsin v. USC for all the marbles - and the Rose Bowl is hating life in the BCS

I agree Krono. Put Louisville, West Virginia, and Rutgers in a hat and pull one out.

Ohio State is my third maybe fourth choice in the Big Ten.
    Michigan #1
    Wisconsin #2
    Penn State #4

Ohio State has no experience at QB, and no proven playmakers on offense, not named Chris Wells. That defense was shredded the last two games last season, and in the spring none of the in house QB's could move the ball against them. On paper the defense gets better, but I don't know how much. I expect a return to playing for field position and a lot of punting.
    I wouldn't write off Todd Boeckman. He's worn so many redshirts and greyshirts over the years, he's practically Chris Weinke at this point.

Let's put it this way, when I was a sophomore in high school, I watched him play in the high school playoffs at St. Henry as a freshman. I've now graduated from a 5-year program and he's starting his first year at quarterback as a junior.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I wouldn't write off Todd Boeckman. He's worn so many redshirts and greyshirts over the years, he's practically Chris Weinke at this point.

Let's put it this way, when I was a sophomore in high school, I watched him play in the high school playoffs at St. Henry as a freshman. I've now graduated from a 5-year program and he's starting his first year at quarterback as a junior.
    I have absolutely no doubt that Boeckman knows the entire playbook. I just don't know if he is ready to command a team on the big stage. Remember he didn't play most of his senior year in high school because of injury. It has been a long time since Todd has been in the huddle as the leader and playmaker.

I have absolutely no doubt that Boeckman knows the entire playbook. I just don't know if he is ready to command a team on the big stage. Remember he didn't play most of his senior year in high school because of injury. It has been a long time since Todd has been in the huddle as the leader and playmaker.
    True but he has about 6 games to figure that out. If he can lead the offense and make it his team he has several games before Bucky comes to town and then going up north.

Turn Off Ads?