Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BCS predictions

Re: BCS predictions

If Ohio State doesn't get to a BCS Bowl game it won't be because of Boeckman. It'll be because Michigan and Wisconsin are just better on paper this year. The non-conference schedule is a joke too, so no favors there. Heck, losing to Texas two years ago was better for the BCS chances than breezing through this year's games. Can't wait for the near decade of top level teams to start next year. USC, Miami, VT, Oklahoma...gonna be fun.

Realistically, there's only three games that can be lost, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Penn State. Any other game would be an unpredictable upset, and won't be because of one single issue other than mostly luck.

This team is world's ahead of where the Alamo Bowl team was three years ago. I think 3 losses is the max, with two being most likely. Should be right there for a BCS spot again. Although, one loss may be the max for this team to make a BCS game. With that OOC schedule, anything short of a co-Big Ten title will need lots of help.
    Last edited by guttle11; 08-14-2007 at 12:56 AM.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    If Ohio State doesn't get to a BCS Bowl game it won't be because of Boeckman. It'll be because Michigan and Wisconsin are just better on paper this year. The non-conference schedule is a joke too, so no favors there. Heck, losing to Texas two years ago was better for the BCS chances than breezing through this year's games. Can't wait for the near decade of top level teams to start next year. USC, Miami, VT, Oklahoma...gonna be fun.

Realistically, there's only three games that can be lost, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Penn State. Any other game would be an unpredictable upset, and won't be because of one single issue other than mostly luck.

This team is world's ahead of where the Alamo Bowl team was three years ago. I think 3 losses is the max, with two being most likely. Should be right there for a BCS spot again. Although, one loss may be the max for this team to make a BCS game. With that OOC schedule, anything short of a co-Big Ten title will need lots of help.
    Don't sleep on Purdue, they return 17-18 starters. That's alot of experience. Plus, its a night game on the road, sounds dangerous...
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post

It wont be because of Boeckman but it will be a result of him. Tressel is going to play conservative this year allowing his defense to control the game. This may be a very frustrating year with a lot of low scoring games with the possibility of some nail bitters. Wisconsin is at home which I think helps the Bucks out. Penn State is the most dangerous game because I think it may be another night game which 100,000+ PSU fans dont make that an easy place to play. Michigan is a toss up again because of Tressel's coaching prowess over Carr.

This team will put up better defensive numbers than last season. But the offense will not be in the same league as last years. I am not saying this offense isn't talented. Both Hartline and Robiskie are solid recievers who probably would have started for a lot of programs. Ray Small is the difference maker in O. If he can throw in a bit of flair to the offense they can be dangerous. It is a weak schedule but the Washington game was scheduled 10 or so years ago when UW was a good football program.

I think this team goes into the Michigan game with a BCS bowl bid on the line.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    It wont be because of Boeckman but it will be a result of him. Tressel is going to play conservative this year allowing his defense to control the game. This may be a very frustrating year with a lot of low scoring games with the possibility of some nail bitters. Wisconsin is at home which I think helps the Bucks out. Penn State is the most dangerous game because I think it may be another night game which 100,000+ PSU fans dont make that an easy place to play. Michigan is a toss up again because of Tressel's coaching prowess over Carr.

This team will put up better defensive numbers than last season. But the offense will not be in the same league as last years. I am not saying this offense isn't talented. Both Hartline and Robiskie are solid recievers who probably would have started for a lot of programs. Ray Small is the difference maker in O. If he can throw in a bit of flair to the offense they can be dangerous. It is a weak schedule but the Washington game was scheduled 10 or so years ago when UW was a good football program.

I think this team goes into the Michigan game with a BCS bowl bid on the line.
    The gameplan will be very similar to 2002. The similarity between the 2002 team and this year's 2007 team is scary. The thing is that in 2002, they had a bit of luck. I am really only concerned with three games this year.

Wisconsin
    @Penn State
    @Michigan

I think we beat Wisconsin, but I'm not confident playing at night AGAIN in Happy Valley. I'm expecting a loss, so I cannot be too disappointed. Michigan has a ton of pressure on them with all those guys (Long, Henne, Hart) coming back for revenge. I fear a similar game as 2003, when Navarre finally got the monkey off his back. We will need the ball to bounce our way this year in AA. One thing is for sure, if we beat them, it has huge ramifications. Carr's last game vs. OSU cementing his legacy with a John Cooper-like finish against his top rival giving OSU 4 wins in a row, 6 out of 7, and an almost guarantee of another when Michigan comes down to the Horseshoe in 2008 with their entire offense gone having to play a LOADED OSU.

2007 is huge for UM. The pressue is squarely on them.

VPISU has an interesting schedule.

@ LSU in week 2.

@ GT (Thurs) 11/1

vs. F$U 11/10

vs. Miami 11/17

That's 3 big games in November before the grudge match with UVa. Having Miami & FSU at home is huge. Given the changes in coaching staffs at those schools, I think that playing them later in the year works against VPISU.

And now, I'll officially go out on a limb: if (and it's a mighty big "if") my Deacs can open with wins @ BC & vs. Nebraska, the rest of the schedule sets up very nicely for them to run the table to the conference title game.

What I don't get is this presumption of big time talent at Ohio State. Name a player not named Chris Wells on the Ohio State offense who has shown flashes of brillance. Robiskie exploited playing against the weaker corners and safeties last year. Hartline's catches were mostly running the seam wide open against deep zones, that were there to respect Ginn. I just don't see a playmaker at the Wide Reciever position. Brandon Saine may be that guy, but I don't see him as a superstar.

I think the defense will be ok, but I am not expecting a great defense, like some have. They don't have the DT or safety play to get to that level. I worry about whoever starts opposite Malcolm Jenkins as well. This is an arguement that I keep getting into whenever people ask me about how I think Ohio State will do. I could even see them losing to Washington early on, with all those young players, and inexperience at the QB position.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Yeah, to me, OSU is a whole bunch of question marks. Tressel seems to be able to recruit stellar athletes that could step up, but I'm just going to wait and see. I'm hopeful, but that's looking at it through scarlet and gray colored glasses.

USC looks loaded. Their biggest enemy is themselves and their focus wandering. If Carroll keeps their collective eye on the ball, then they look like a juggernaut.

I think WVU will surprise and could make the Nat'l Championship game.

LSU and Oklahoma will be up there too.

Pay attention to the open sky

USC, Virginia Tech and one of the Big Three from the Big East (Louisville, Rutgers and West Virginia) will all be undeafeated heading into late in the season. I'm thinking USC v. VTech for the BCS championship game, but one of the crappy Big 12 teams (who always get overrated) might somehow, once again, sneak in. Think Oklahoma.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    but one of the crappy Big 12 teams (who always get overrated) might somehow, once again, sneak in. Think Oklahoma.
    Sorry, I thought I should revisit this thread since the bowls are now set up. Ohio State vs LSU for the championship. And the crappy, overrated Big 12?

OU #4 BCS Fiesta Bowl
    Missouri #6 BCS Cotton Bowl
    Kansas #8 BCS Orange Bowl
    Texas-Holiday Bowl
    Texas Tech-Gator Bowl
    Texas A&M-Alamo Bowl
    Colorado-Independence Bowl
    Oklahoma State-Insight Bowl
    8 bowl teams from the Big 12. 2 in the BCS and there should have been 3. I remember a couple of years back when Cal was pretty good and ranked #4 in the country and didn't get into the BCS and had to settle for the Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech. Cal *****ed and moaned about how they deserved this and how they deserved that and were acting like the Holiday Bowl was beneath them. Texas Tech put up 45 points on their asses and blew them out. Overrated? Crappy? Not hardly.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    Wisconsin v. USC for all the marbles - and the Rose Bowl is hating life in the BCS
    Pure Genius prediction on my part.

Turn Off Ads?