Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: What position should Keppinger play?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1b

9 14.06%
  • 2b

11 17.19%
  • 3b

25 39.06%
  • ss

15 23.44%
  • lf

3 4.69%
  • cf

0 0%
  • rf

0 0%
  • c

2 3.13%
  • All 9- The new SuperSubstitute

13 20.31%
  • Keep him on the bench

5 7.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Keppinger should play at which position?

Jeff Keppinger should play at which position?

I have seen a lot of people discuss Jeff lately , and with a batting average of .354, an OBP of .407, and a slugging percentage of .539, I think we should discuss where he should play. I will list all 8
    positions, and you can vote for as many as you wish. I won't list pitcher since I don't believe he can pitch(that I know of). You can also vote for all 9 positions and put him on the bench. However, if you put a .354 hitter on the bench we will have a nice talk. So go ahead and participate in this newest poll. I myself voted for SS and 3B, as I believe he will eventually start at one of the positions or platoon with the players currently starting there.
    Last edited by AmarilloRed; 08-12-2007 at 12:08 AM. Reason: To reveal my choice.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Off the schneid

Re: Jeff Keppinger should play at which position?

I'm voting for 2nd with Phillips sliding over to SS.

Quote Originally Posted by TStuck View Post
    I'm voting for 2nd with Phillips sliding over to SS.
    same here

Toronto needs a SS right? Well maybe we could work out a deal in the offseason where they get Gonzalez and Jeremy Accardo comes back our way. We could then move Phillips to short and Keppinger to 2nd.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

I wouldn't want to move Phillips off of 2B at this point. He's too comfortable there. No reason Keppinger couldn't play SS.

I say deal Gonzalez and play Kepp at SS next season.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I wouldn't want to move Phillips off of 2B at this point. He's too comfortable there. No reason Keppinger couldn't play SS.

I say deal Gonzalez and play Kepp at SS next season.

Phillips would be a much better shortstop than Keppinger. Phillips is comfortable at 2nd but believe me, he'd be fine at short. He's just a great athlete.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Play him at 1B vs. lefties for now. That solves alot of the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

uhh... why should I believe you over me?
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Roster glue

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Play him at 1B vs. lefties for now. That solves alot of the problem.
    Thank you, reds44, for echoing my thoughts!

See if Keppinger handles the platoon role at first; though he doesn't have the power for the position, wasting plate appearances on Conine helps nobody, especially considering the "breaking up the lefties" strategem...Conine hitting fourth is an embarrassment to our moribund franchise, and since two consecutive managers have insisted on doing so (PM has hit Phillips fourth, also not a good idea, but that is a subject for another thread), the order--or "suggestion," if you prefer--would seem to originate from higher in the organization.

Conine's ghastly .260/.319/.392 helps nobody and he will be gone next season...let Keppinger have the platoon role while spelling others at the other 3 IF positions and the corner OF, and see if he can reprise Rich Aurilia ca. 2006. Keppinger has a chance to be an outstanding ninth player, and giving him a decent number of PA the rest of the season at different positions will go a long way toward determining if slotting him in to a bench/sometime starter role next year is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by boognish View Post

See if Keppinger handles the platoon role at first; though he doesn't have the power for the position, wasting plate appearances on Conine helps nobody, especially considering the "breaking up the lefties" strategem...Conine hitting fourth is an embarrassment to our moribund franchise, and since two consecutive managers have insisted on doing so (PM has hit Phillips fourth, also not a good idea, but that is a subject for another thread), the order--or "suggestion," if you prefer--would seem to originate from higher in the organization.

Conine's ghastly .260/.319/.392 helps nobody and he will be gone next season...let Keppinger have the platoon role while spelling others at the other 3 IF positions and the corner OF, and see if he can reprise Rich Aurilia ca. 2006. Keppinger has a chance to be an outstanding ninth player, and giving him a decent number of PA the rest of the season at different positions will go a long way toward determining if slotting him in to a bench/sometime starter role next year is a good idea.
    The perfect post. I can't add a thing. Just wanted to say I agree completely.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

BP needs to stay at 2b. he is one of the few bright lights this year, so why mess that up?

they should try Kepp at third and work on getting an everyday SS.

Honestly i wouldn't mind seeing him as LF if Dunn is gone. Saves money and gets a good solid contact hitting bat into the lineup. The fact is Edwin needs to improve with his power numbers quickly or his days in numbered as a reds starter.

Quote Originally Posted by boognish View Post

From all we here, Votto is a good 1st base prospect. I would expect him to be the starter at first base next year. I would not expect Votto to be in a platoon unless he has difficulty with left-handed pitching. I agree he will not be a starter this year, but will play all over the diamond for now. Just out of curiousity, who were the two people who voted to put him on the bench? He is on the bench now, but he is hitting well enough to be starting.
    Last edited by AmarilloRed; 08-12-2007 at 08:57 AM.

Everyone says Votto is one of the worst defensive players they have ever seen. I really hope that isnt true.

I have heard he is bad at left field, when he plays there; I have never heard that about his play at first base.

Turn Off Ads?