Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Homer Bailey is on a pitching program in Sarasota

Homer Bailey is on a pitching program in Sarasota

according to Reds.com . There is no timetable for his return. I did not see this mentioned anywhere, so I decided to mention it here. I hope he does well there.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Homer Bailey is on a pitching program in Sarasota

I'd sure like to see him make 5 or 6 more starts for the Reds before the season is over.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

I'm sure I will look stupid for asking this but what happened to him that made him miss so long? Was it the groin?

Groin and then he went to Texas to take care of some personal business.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Groin and then he went to Texas to take care of some personal business.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I'd sure like to see him make 5 or 6 more starts for the Reds before the season is over.
    That is rather ambitious. It would mean he would be called up in September and make every start in September. Right now he is in Sarasota and he has no timetable for his return. He would have to recover really fast to do what you are expecting.

I'm usually one to give the FO the benefit of the doubt...but I'm angry about this whole mess with Bailey....last I heard he was sent to AAA to simply keep on schedule during the All Star Break.

Then... Goes on the 7-Day DL for an unannounced time for a groin injury, with no real updates for a few weeks...then mysteriously vanishes to TX for awhile, and is now in Sarasota "rehabbing". What is going on???? All of a sudden the second half of 07 is going to be wasted in a year that he should have spent at least building up arm endurance.

Its the lack of info that bothers me, be it the FO or Baileys fault...I don't know who I should be upset with. (Spare the cheap "you should be upset with WK for calling him up in the first place" joke.)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I'm usually one to give the FO the benefit of the doubt...but I'm angry about this whole mess with Bailey....last I heard he was sent to AAA to simply keep on schedule during the All Star Break.

Then... Goes on the 7-Day DL for an unannounced time for a groin injury, with no real updates for a few weeks...then mysteriously vanishes to TX for awhile, and is now in Sarasota "rehabbing". What is going on???? All of a sudden the second half of 07 is going to be wasted in a year that he should have spent at least building up arm endurance.

Its the lack of info that bothers me, be it the FO or Baileys fault...I don't know who I should be upset with. (Spare the cheap "you should be upset with WK for calling him up in the first place" joke.)

Well, he was on the 7-day disabled list, not that that tells you anything, but when do you ever hear them announce how long someone will be on the DL? Plus, no one said that he is there rehabbing. He's on a throwing program because he hasn't pitched for a couple weeks. And finally, we don't really know what is going to happen for the rest of the season. He might be back in a week or two.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

There were updates on Bailey.... you just didn't see them I guess. I heard about him going on the DL, then when he got his exam they said he will be reevaluated in 2 weeks. He went back to Texas for whatever reason (its not really any of our business honestly, sometimes we all have personal business that others do not need to know about) and he is back within a 20 day period of time of going on the DL and getting back into game shape with his arm and his leg.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    There were updates on Bailey.... you just didn't see them I guess. I heard about him going on the DL, then when he got his exam they said he will be reevaluated in 2 weeks. He went back to Texas for whatever reason (its not really any of our business honestly, sometimes we all have personal business that others do not need to know about) and he is back within a 20 day period of time of going on the DL and getting back into game shape with his arm and his leg.
    Fair enough...it really hasn't been that long since his injury, I guess it just seems that way. I guess its just that I truly expected him to be back up from AAA as soon as allowable, but that never happened, due to alot of reasons I suppose. And as someone said, there were updates on the injury, but they just seemed alittle vague to me...I guess I should learn not to expect too much in terms of that though. Since his demotion however, the word I would use to describe the handling of and events surrounding Homer is simply "weird".

And granted...it's been 20 days since the DL. But its been almost 40 (I'd guess) since his demotion "which was for the purpose of him not missing a start". Like I said, to me, its just been strange.

Well he had to miss a start becuase there were only 9 days until his next start and he had to be down for at least 10 days. He then told someone about his groin and they decided to put him on the DL and let it heal. I don't think anything about it was weird other than sending him down.

Since his groin was hurt, why didnt the reds just let him have the extra rest over the All-Star break instead of sending him down?

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grande Donkey View Post
    Since his groin was hurt, why didnt the reds just let him have the extra rest over the All-Star break instead of sending him down?
    Just guessing on this, but probably so he wouldn't be collecting major league salary.

I may be clueless and have missed it...but has there been any news about Bailey and his rehab in Florida in the past week???

I didn't see anything - maybe bumping it will help doug or doc. scott.

I'm wondering if he's going to get shut down for the rest of the year.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?