Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday August 14th minor league updates

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Tuesday August 14th minor league updates

good news texas dave, you can indeed read!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Coffey with 2 1/3 scoreless innings.
    Certainly stretching Todd out. I wonder if the Reds are looking at him as a possible #5 for next year. Any idea coffeybro?

Stubby is 3-4. Leads MWL with 78 runs. Dragons lead 5-3 T7

Dorn finished 2-for-3 with a double, HR, and a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed07 View Post
    Stubby is 3-4. Leads MWL with 78 runs. Dragons lead 5-3 T7
    I know he wasn't drafted to be a slap hitting leadoff man, but his OBP and runs scored, plus his excellent defense, has to be encouraging, even to his biggest detractors.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Stubbs doubles for the 25th time this season, making him 4-for-5 on the night with three singles plus the double.

I'm not worried about Stubbs' power; that will develop and help boost his OPS. The really good news is his greater percentage of contact. That's where he needs to work right now. I'm predicting a breakout for him next year with him ending the year at Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    I'm not worried about Stubbs' power; that will develop and help boost his OPS. The really good news is his greater percentage of contact. That's where he needs to work right now. I'm predicting a breakout for him next year with him ending the year at Louisville.
    I really don't think he needs to have a season like that. We already have an overload of outfielders. I would love to see him up here, but I just don't know what we are going to do with all of them.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Drew Stubbs for the month of August - .314/.352/.529 for an August OPS of .881.

Outside of his June, his current numbers would look like : .285/.381/.457. That is an OPS of .838 for a great defensive CF playing on a bad wheel. Really, what are the major complaints with the guy? Really, don't answer that.

Even if you include his horrid June, as long as he's able to replicate his Dayton numbers in the Majors in a few years from now, he'd still be a very fine centerfielder (and worthy of the pick, no matter what anyone else has to say).

By the way, to those of you who continue to deny that Stubbs has an injury, did you happen to look at the offensive stat that gives the biggest indication of slowing down? Last year (when he successfuly stole a base for 34% of his games), he had an 83% success rate. This year (when he successfully steals a base for 20% of his games), his success rate has dropped to 61%. Even if his injury weren't publicly known, that alone would be reason to suspect some sort of injury in his leg or foot.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post

Outside of his June, his current numbers would look like : .285/.381/.457. That is an OPS of .838 for a great defensive CF playing on a bad wheel. Really, what are the major complaints with the guy? Really, don't answer that.
    I'm sorry. I forgot that Stubbs was hurt this year. I'll give him some slack then. How is Stubbs arm looking this year? He looked pretty good when I had seen him last year.

I said back in april he was playing hurt only to see guys here continue to slam Stubbs. He has played with the toe and put up decent numbers while being a team leader...IMO he has had a great season.

Certainly stretching Todd out. I wonder if the Reds are looking at him as a possible #5 for next year. Any idea coffeybro?
    As far as I know that won't be happening. But the Reds have done weirder things than that.
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

They wheeled a 3x4 steel safe into the clubhouse Sunday morning to store the players' valuables. It took four guys to lift it off a dolly and onto a table.

Said pitcher Kent Mercker: "What's that, Junior Griffey's wallet?"

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post

Thanks for putting the kibosh on that. The "Tim Lincecum Singers" were warming up!

High five!

Really appreciate the minor league updates every day! Thanks!

Where will Stubbs start next year? Sarasota? Can he make it to AA? I'm interested to see what he can do once he gets fully healthy.

Turn Off Ads?