Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate My Football Draft

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Rate My Football Draft

Anyone can participate -- post up your draft and let anyone comment.

I'm in a 12 team league that does PPR (Point Per Reception), TD Yardage bonus (adds value for longer TD runs/receptions), and a couple other quirks that make receiving RBs slightly more valuable.

Here is what my final roster looks like:

QBs: Vince Young, Jon Kitna
    RBs: Frank Gore, Maurice Jones-Drew, Micheal Turner, Adrian Peterson
    WRs: Lee Evans, Javon Walker, Hines Ward, Wes Welker, Joe Horn, Anthony Gonzalez
    TEs: Antonio Gates, Greg Olson
    K: Josh Brown
    DEF: NY Jets

I'm hoping I can count on Adrian Peterson for some production during the bye weeks. I imagine he'll get quite a few touches in Minny. My QBs I'm OK with, considering I got Young in the 9th round. My WRs I like a lot -- I figure they should be consistent producers. TE, whats not to love about Antonio Gates? My def was my last overall pick -- there are still some good ones left, so hopefully I can easily replace if my hunch on the Jets is wrong this year.

Any thoughts?
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rate My Football Draft

First I would like to say that I am in no way a fantasy football expert, but I am a big NFL fan. From what I have heard recently experts expect Olsen to have a great year this year. If you could get a great player for Gates I would consider it. I like the Anthony Gonzalez pick. He uses that chamber thing that gets his body more oxygen. If he is on the field enough, I expect him to wear out the secondary. I think that also bodes well for Harrison and Wayne. Michael Turner is a beast in the limited time he has seen too, but behind LT he won't play enough unless LT gets hurt. Young was a steal. I see him throwing 25 tds this year. Maybe he rushes for 5-8.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

It's a solid all-around team. I'd probably play Kitna over Young though, I think he is set up to have a huge year with all the weapons he has.

Here's my team:

QB: Kitna, Leinart
    WR: Chad Johnson, Donald Driver, Terry Glenn, Donte Stallworth, Reggie Williams
    RB: LT, Reggie Bush, Brandon Jabobs, Jerious Norwood
    TE: Randy McMichael
    K: Jason Elam
    DEF: Baltimore, Minnesota

Caveat ... I like the trio of Gore, Jones-Drew and Peterson. Your WR core is deep with Walker, Evans and Ward. Welker is a sleeper. I really like Kitna this season. He could be the Drew Brees of this season.

HHF ... Again I really like Kitna this season plus Leinart should be a top 10 QB this season too. WR deep is a bit thin after 85 and Driver. RB's are high on potential but all lack a proven track record for being the "man" for their team.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Here's my team:

Its hard not to like the RB situation you've got going with LT and Reggie Bush -- both of them were first rounders in my draft. Brandon Jacobs is going to be a TD machine, though I think he'll lose midfield carries to other backs.

I love the Kitna pick -- with Williams, Johnson and Furrey at the wides, he should be poised for some big numbers. Leinart might be the sleeper QB of the year.

WRs -- who doesn't like CJ? Donte Stallworth is a HR hitter, but if McNabb is back to form he could see a lot of balls thrown his way. Driver is streaky too. You could see lots of production from this group on some weeks, and then go full months with nothing else. I'm not a Randy McMichael fan, but there are far worse TEs out there.

And then add the best defense.

Good draft. Play the matchups with your WRs each week and you should be OK.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Here's my team:

I had LT and Bush last season on my team. My team ran away and hid with the championship. I would feel real good with that team you have. Barring injuries of course.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Stallworth is in New England now, not Philly. I think he should get a lot of looks in single coverage playing off of Moss. And with McMichael, I decided to wait a while after not getting one of the top 2 TE's and I think he could put up some pretty good numbers with that Rams offense.

For people looking for a possible late round TE sleeper, I'd suggest giving both McMichael and Eric Johnson of the Saints a look. Johnson was a pretty good pass catcher in San Fran and with the high octane offense the Saints have he could get a lot of looks.
    Last edited by HumnHilghtFreel; 08-15-2007 at 04:28 PM.

Senor Votto

Here's how my draft went:

1. (1) LaDainian Tomlinson RB
    2. (12) Carson Palmer QB
    3. (13) Chad Johnson WR
    4. (24) Ronnie Brown RB
    5. (25) Roy Williams WR
    6. (36) Andre Johnson WR
    7. (37) Vince Young QB
    8. (48) Chris Cooley TE
    9. (49) New England DEF
    10. (60) Neil Rackers K
    11. (61) Clinton Portis RB
    12. (72) Braylon Edwards WR
    13. (73) Kellen Winslow TE
    14. (84) Jake Delhomme QB
    15. (85) Philadelphia DEF
    16. (96) John Kasay K

I am not a Football Fantasy Draft guy, but I thought I would mention Madden 2008 has a new Fantasy Draft mode. Maybe some of you would be interested in that.

It's a solid all-around team. I'd probably play Kitna over Young though, I think he is set up to have a huge year with all the weapons he has.
    Kitna is a definately a starter over Young, and I agree that your team is solid, but it has alot of ? marks especially at the RB position, and since this is heavily weighted in your league, I am going to have to give you a B- on your draft, Peterson could be a solid #3, but if he can't fully go and LT doesn't go down, you may be wishing you had taken a solid 3rd RB in the middle rounds. Your best bet is to attempt to trade the owner of LT Turner in exchange for a RB who will regularly contribute.

YO YO YO

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Here's how my draft went:

1. (1) LaDainian Tomlinson RB
    2. (12) Carson Palmer QB
    3. (13) Chad Johnson WR
    4. (24) Ronnie Brown RB
    5. (25) Roy Williams WR
    6. (36) Andre Johnson WR
    7. (37) Vince Young QB
    8. (48) Chris Cooley TE
    9. (49) New England DEF
    10. (60) Neil Rackers K
    11. (61) Clinton Portis RB
    12. (72) Braylon Edwards WR
    13. (73) Kellen Winslow TE
    14. (84) Jake Delhomme QB
    15. (85) Philadelphia DEF
    16. (96) John Kasay K

Thats a pretty good team right there. Your first three players are all stars. I cant believe portis was still there that late.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I am not a Football Fantasy Draft guy, but I thought I would mention Madden 2008 has a new Fantasy Draft mode. Maybe some of you would be interested in that.

and I sold my 360........madden is the only reason i bought it, and last years version was so freaking disappointing. The fact that they removed the fantasy draft was my biggest gripe. Good to see they brought it back.

QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, K, DEF

1. (10) Frank Gore RB
    2. (15) Rudi Johnson RB
    3. (34) Reggie Wayne WR
    4. (39) Larry Fitzgerald WR
    5. (58) Jon Kitna QB (there was a QB run at this point)
    6. (63) Darrel Jackson WR
    7. (82) Vernon Davis TE
    8. (87) New England DEF (there was a DEF run at this point)
    9. (106) Stephen Gostkowski K (there was a K run at this point)
    10. (111) Jerrico Cotchery WR
    11. (130) Jeff Garcia QB
    12. (135) Lorenzo Booker RB
    13. (154) Owen Daniels TE
    14. (159) Brandon Jones WR

Quote Originally Posted by TheBurn View Post
    QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, K, DEF

1. (10) Frank Gore RB
    2. (15) Rudi Johnson RB
    3. (34) Reggie Wayne WR
    4. (39) Larry Fitzgerald WR
    5. (58) Jon Kitna QB (there was a QB run at this point)
    6. (63) Darrel Jackson WR
    7. (82) Vernon Davis TE
    8. (87) New England DEF (there was a DEF run at this point)
    9. (106) Stephen Gostkowski K (there was a K run at this point)
    10. (111) Jerrico Cotchery WR
    11. (130) Jeff Garcia QB
    12. (135) Lorenzo Booker RB
    13. (154) Owen Daniels TE
    14. (159) Brandon Jones WR

Getting Gore at #10 and Rudi at #15 is pretty good. Not sure how or why Gore lasted till then but you benefit from it for sure. Jackson and Davis were also good picks at those spots.

Not a fan of Garcia or going with the crowd and picking a K in the 9th round. The difference in Gostkowski and whoever was left in the 14th round is going to be nearly nothing.

Turn Off Ads?