Chad Johnson
    A Boldin
    R Williams
    D.J. Hackett
    J Porter

J Shockey

S Gostkowski

D Broncos

It was a crazy draft. The top 5 QBs went in the first 2 rounds, so I waited until round 8 to get a QB. The top 4 defenses went in rounds 4 and 5. One guy missed the draft and ended up with 4 kickers.

I'm pretty happy with my team. I've got 2 of the top 15 RBs, 3 top-10 wideouts, a top-3 TE, and an INT-heavy defense that gets the Chiefs and Raiders twice. I wanted Phillip Rivers at QB, but he got taken 2 picks before I could get him, so I took Romo instead. I almost got Leinert as my backup, but he has the same bye week as Romo.
    So I'm guessing with that first round pick you took Addai. I took Alexander with the 4th pick. Did you hesitate on that pick at all or did you know for sure you would have taken Addai?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rate My Football Draft

I was going to take Addai unless the #3 owner got him, then it was going to be Gore. As luck would have it, the #2 guy drafted Manning, and Steven Jackson fell to #3. I talked to the #3 owner later, and he said he was going to draft Gore or Larry Johnson anyway, so I didn't need to worry. Gore fell all the way to #10 somehow. Rudi Johnson (!) and Carson Palmer went before him. The #10 owner ended up with Gore and Westbrook.

As for Alexander and Larry Johnson, they weren't even on my radar. I prefer Addai because he's a 2nd year RB with a complete game, working in a monstrous offense. The kid put up over 1300 total yards and 8 TDs last season as a rookie *playing part-time*. IMO, his upside is only slightly lower than LT and Steven Jackson.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

uoduck1017

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I was going to take Addai unless the #3 owner got him, then it was going to be Gore. As luck would have it, the #2 guy drafted Manning, and Steven Jackson fell to #3. I talked to the #3 owner later, and he said he was going to draft Gore or Larry Johnson anyway, so I didn't need to worry. Gore fell all the way to #10 somehow. Rudi Johnson (!) and Carson Palmer went before him. The #10 owner ended up with Gore and Westbrook.

As for Alexander and Larry Johnson, they weren't even on my radar. I prefer Addai because he's a 2nd year RB with a complete game, working in a monstrous offense. The kid put up over 1300 total yards and 8 TDs last season as a rookie *playing part-time*. IMO, his upside is only slightly lower than LT and Steven Jackson.
    Wow, that was a crazy draft. Team #10 was probably shocked that Frank Gore fell that far. Peyton Manning going second overall is just disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by uoduck1017 View Post
    Wow, that was a crazy draft. Team #10 was probably shocked that Frank Gore fell that far. Peyton Manning going second overall is just disturbing.
    The guy with the #2 pick had his computer lock up just as the draft started, and he hadn't adjusted his draft rankings, so he auto-drafted Manning.

I was on a conference call with the guy drafting #10, and I was cussing him out for being a lucky SOB.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    The guy with the #2 pick had his computer lock up just as the draft started, and he hadn't adjusted his draft rankings, so he auto-drafted Manning.

I was on a conference call with the guy drafting #10, and I was cussing him out for being a lucky SOB.
    I want the odds on Gore falling that far. Thats hilarious.

Just had my draft Thursday...had the 2nd pick in a 10 team league. PPR, 4 pts for a TD pass, 6 for TD rush/rec, 1 pt per 10 yds rush/rec (25 yds passing) and bonuses at 100 yds rush/rec, 300 yds passing.

QB: Peyton, Favre
    RB: SJax, Deuce, Marshawn, Kevin Jones, Rhodes
    WR: Wayne, A Johnson, Edwards, Holmes, Henderson
    TE: Vernon, Watson
    K: Hanson
    DEF: Baltimore

Stunning that I got Manning in the 2nd, but remember that QB values are a little diluted. Still love my team.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Just had my draft Thursday...had the 2nd pick in a 10 team league. PPR, 4 pts for a TD pass, 6 for TD rush/rec, 1 pt per 10 yds rush/rec (25 yds passing) and bonuses at 100 yds rush/rec, 300 yds passing.

QB: Peyton, Favre
    RB: SJax, Deuce, Marshawn, Kevin Jones, Rhodes
    WR: Wayne, A Johnson, Edwards, Holmes, Henderson
    TE: Vernon, Watson
    K: Hanson
    DEF: Baltimore

Stunning that I got Manning in the 2nd, but remember that QB values are a little diluted. Still love my team.
    Good team. I like your team, except for Rhodes, and Hanson. Isn't Rhodes out the first four games? I guess you are taking a chance there. I hope that pays off. I am not a big Hanson fan. Is there any good FAs out there? Graham maybe.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

14 team draft.

I had the 7th pick.

QB's: Palmer, Alex Smith

RB's: Alexander, Portis, Fred and Chester Taylor.

WR's: Chad Johnson, Stallworth, Berrian, Santonio Holmes.

TE's: Heap, Heath Miller

K: Akers

Def: Chicago

D: Merriman

I'm not thrilled with it, but I guess you never are w/ a 14 team league.

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Good team. I like your team, except for Rhodes, and Hanson. Isn't Rhodes out the first four games? I guess you are taking a chance there. I hope that pays off. I am not a big Hanson fan. Is there any good FAs out there? Graham maybe.
    Took Rhodes in the 14th, for exactly the reason you said (taking a chance). I'm not in love with Hanson, but while others were taking kickers in the 11th and 12th, I was taking Ben Watson and Kevin Jones. I think Hanson will be a good value. Solid offense, but yet somewhat schitzophrenic, and a dome to kick in. Not a bad combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    14 team draft.

I had the 7th pick.

QB's: Palmer, Alex Smith

RB's: Alexander, Portis, Fred and Chester Taylor.

WR's: Chad Johnson, Stallworth, Berrian, Santonio Holmes.

TE's: Heap, Heath Miller

K: Akers

Def: Chicago

D: Merriman

I'm not thrilled with it, but I guess you never are w/ a 14 team league.

We'll see.
    For a 14 team league? That's a solid team. I like Santonio to possibly be a starter for you. I guess your #2 RB is weak. Portis could be good, but he could be a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Took Rhodes in the 14th, for exactly the reason you said (taking a chance). I'm not in love with Hanson, but while others were taking kickers in the 11th and 12th, I was taking Ben Watson and Kevin Jones. I think Hanson will be a good value. Solid offense, but yet somewhat schitzophrenic, and a dome to kick in. Not a bad combo.
    Not at all. I am not a big fan of taking kickers in general. I usually just get my kicker out of the way. I take a guy like Shane Graham in like the ninth or tenth rounds. I like to take my flyers at very late rounds, and from free agency and the waiver wire.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

This is from the RedsZone draft today, which had 16 teams:

QB Donovan McNabb
    I took a quarterback higher than I wanted to, but the dropoff at quarterback was much bigger than the dropoff at running back.

RB Laurence Maroney
    Is he ready for a breakout year?

RB Willis McGahee
    Even if he has some career lows, it can still be solid for a #2 running back.

WR Mark Clayton
    I didn't have too many options at wide receiver--I just hope my first one was the best available.

WR Matt Jones
    If it weren't for the quarterback situation in Jacksonville, I'd have a good feeling about Matt Jones this year. He can do some great things once he has the ball.

TE Tony Gonzalez
    I could feel a run at tight end coming, so I took the best available so I didn't have to wait forever until my next pick.

W/R Adrian Peterson
    He looked great in preseason. I hope he steals a bunch of touches from Chester Taylor.

W/T Drew Carter
    This is just further evidence as to how weak I am at wide receiver.

K Josh Scobee
    I think I was the last person to take a kicker.

DEF Cincinnati Bengals
    WHO-DEY! (The other defenses didn't look like too good of options either.)

QB Alex Smith
    Everyone's predicting a breakout year, which is usually a recipe for failure, but I'm on the bandwagon, too.

RB Chris Henry
    He might take LenDale White's job.

WR Chris Henry
    I can wait eight games, I guess.

WR Troy Williamson
    In retrospect, I totally forgot about Devin Hester and wish I picked him instead.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

My RedsZone team:

QB: Tom Brady-
    I regret not taking Bulger, still not sure why I went with Brady.

WR: Vincent Jackson-
    Not the greatest #1 fantasy WR, but I'll take him.

WR2: Donte Stallworth-
    I like him in New England.

RB: Shaun Alexander-
    Should come back strong

RB2: Marshawn Lynch

TE- Eric Johnson-
    Sleeper pick, could turn out to be good.

W/T- Derrick Mason

W/R- Fred Taylor-
    I love having the 3rd strong starting back.

K- Joe Nedney

Def- Baltimore
    Best defense in the league!

Bench- Drew Bennett, Peerless Price, Mike Bell, Daunte Culpepper
    Last edited by HumnHilghtFreel; 09-03-2007 at 06:51 PM.

QB Ben Roethlisberger
    WR Reggie Brown
    WR Darrell Jackson
    RB Frank Gore
    RB Deuce McAllister
    TE Jason Witten
    W/T D.J. Hackett
    W/R Carnell Williams
    K Shayne Graham
    DEF Minnesota

My receivers aren't outstanding but I wanted to take draft RBs first. I'm a little concerned that Shayne Graham's injury might keep him out of the first game but otherwise I'm satisfied.

uoduck1017

Who had the #1 pick in the RedsZone league?

Turn Off Ads?