Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arizona Fall League

Re: Arizona Fall League

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    So, candidates?

Josh Roenicke, Miguel Perez, Chris Valaika, Danny Dorn, Sean Watson, Carlos Fisher, Johnny Cueto, Travis Wood, Daryl Thompson, B. J. Szymanski?
    I am gonna steal a few of your guys there Rick for my predictions.

Miguel Perez, Dushan Ruzic (unless he isn't eligible due to the Aussie winterball thing), Todd Frazier (our token sub AA guy), Shaun Cumberland, Marcus Mcbeth and Paul Janish or Pedro Lopez assuming we can include him.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

They might send that enormous pitcher from Australia - Dushan Ruzic. He is currently with Chattanooga. He is already 25 and I suppose they have to fast-track him some. I would think he might be a good candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Burton hasn't really thrown too much this year. I don't think it would hurt too much.
    He's only thrown about 25 innings at the ML level this year, plus not quite 20 on rehab assignments down in AA and AAA. Prior to this year, he'd only pitched as high as AA for Oakland, so he could probably use the chance to hone his skills against batters more to his level. I'm not saying it's a given, but he'd fit the descriptions. The other poster could be right though, they may choose to rest him.

I guess guys who didn't get enough work during the year are probably candidates if they're healthy enough

I'm thinking Travis Wood needs the innings. The catchers will probably be represented by some one (Perez missed half the season), Pedro Lopez might be a candidate with his injury. Beyond those, maybe Paul Janish and Cody Strait to try and get them going again. I doubt we see any of the fantastic four and Carlos Fisher looks like he needs the rest. Maloney could probably use time-off as well. I could see Dorn being the guy they pick to be the big climber. A good AFL could get him on the map after this season.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I would guess players that are close, they may not send. Pelland and Roenicke may be exempt from the Reds POV. Travis Wood, nah. He had a season long ouchie and will only turn 21. Sam Lecure may be a good candidate as would Adam Rosales. Fisher has looked fried since mid-June. Terrell Young is another good candidate

Generally guys sent to the fall league are ones you want to trade or get up to speed after missing some innings.

Turn Off Ads?