Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Childhood Pranks

Re: Childhood Pranks

Then there was the time an ex-boyfriend really really made me mad so I went and bought a bunch of um, adult reading material, subscribed and had it all sent to his work address.
    I lived in a house with six guys, we were brutal to each other.

example:

One guy left town for a weekend and we bought a mess of skin mags and cut out all the pictures and stapled them to every inch of his ceiling and walls.

Another time one of the guys was dating a girl whom we all thought was way too young for him, he was 22, she 17. he took her to see a concert and then was bringing her back to our home for some wooing. Problem was he told us all this before he went and that gave us plenty of time to get ready. When he brought her back to his room, he opened the door to a bunch of incense and all the lights were out except for one red spot light pointing to his bed stand table where a package of hot dogs and a bottle of corn syrup sat. On the bed was a pair of handcuffs and a studded dog necklace.

They left about 5 minutes later.

I never saw her again.

2. Turn Off Ads?

College dorm room filled with "buddies"

Tube of super-glue.

The key-lock of the door.

Nuff said.

Crab apples and snowballs at cars on the NYS Thruway. We loved when drivers got out to chase us. We knew the woods well.

We figured out the combination to our local firehouse, and stole beer out of their keg.

Dog poop in a paper bag ...... light it on fire ..... ring someone's doorbell and run.

Hollow's Eve or Devil's Night ..... anything was game.

We rowed across a lake to a Boy Scout camp, in the middle of the night, and released all their canoes and rowboats onto the lake. We also used to sneak over and make scratching noises on their tents.

My mom and her friends actually took apart some old car and reassembled it on a roof.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Filling up envelopes with dog crap and writing "Thanks" on the front and sticking them into mailboxes was pretty funny I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    The teenage kids in my neighborhood went a little crazy a couple of weeks ago. At 3 AM on trash day, they took everyone's trash cans and used them to set up barricades at both ends of the street. They also swiped some garden hoses and strung them through the trees. One of them found a tractor sprinkler and tossed it out in front of an oncoming car. Unfortunately for them, it was a police car. It did some serious damage, and the kid got into big trouble.

I talked to some of my neighbors about it, and they kept wondering, "Why would kids do something like that?" I just kind of shrugged. "Because they're kids. They don't have reasons. They think it will be fun."

I think most of us went through that phase. My friends and I did some goofy stuff like that when we were 15. We used to climb onto the roof of our schools, get in through an unlocked maintenance door, and wreak some havoc (just petty stuff -- no broken windows or anything like that). One night we got into all three schools in my hometown -- the elementary school, junior high, and high school.

I read on another thread that woy took some lady's dry cleaning out of her car and hung each outfit on a different tree in the neighborhood. Classic.

What did YOU do?
    We were regular pranksters growing up. During the summer we'd camp out in either our backyard or a friend's, and wait for nighttime when the parents went to bed...... then the fun began!

Some of the stuff we'd do.....

Raid our Dad's misc bolts bin - he always wondered where they went - walk around and toss them onto people's roofs, waiting for them to roll down and make all kinds of noise in those aluminum spoutings.

Steal "For Sale" signs and put them in other people's front yards. One time a sign stayed in front of this one house for over a week.

We'd also move various lawn decorations into other people's yards.

We had some really cranky elderly people in the neighborhood who hated kids. We live in the suburbs which was heavily populated by young families w/children. They were nutso about their lawns. You better not step on their grass. Some seemed to "camp" by their living room windows always watching. We use to play kick ball and various other activities in the street. If any balls went up into their yard they'd come racing out, before you could retrieve it, take the ball, and then keep it in their garage. One old lady had one heck of a collection of ours.

Anyway - we made sure we got those people during our summer night jaunts, and especially at Halloween - toilet paper, soaping windows, etc. Our favorite thing was to spread lettuce and cabbage seeds in their yard that fall, then wait for them to have to clean it all out that next summer.

Screw with us will ya!

In Boy Scouts, during Jamborees, we'd conduct raids on other troops and destroy their campsites. Ours got hit a few times. Really pee'd the Scout Masters off. One time a group of us took a kid, stripped him naked, tied him to a tree, and covered him with any and every condiment we could find.
    Last edited by GAC; 08-18-2007 at 07:42 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    So we'd bombard cars on the local roads. It was quite the calculation to time the speed of the car and fling the apple in a high parabola and have the apple and car intersect.

Throwing snowballs at cars was always great fun. Throwing snowballs and insults at angry drivers that decided to chase us was even more fun.

So we got blamed for a lot of stuff we didn't do.
    We never used rotten apples, but in my early teen years my friends and I were quite talented in the use of tomatoes, water balloons and snowballs to bomb passing cars. We were often chased by the police and by passing motorists. One friend once felt the wrath of some Wayne High football players who were in a car we hit, while the rest of us kept running.
    One time one of my friends disappeared from the rest of our merry band, as we waited above a roadway to unleash our projectiles onto vehicles below. Suddenly, as a car neared, the road burst into flames. My friend had gone to the road itself and poured a strip of gasoline across the asphalt. As the car got close, he lit the gasoline, causing the car to drive through the flames. We admonished our friend, fearing that his antics might do real damage or even cause a crash. The next time we went out, he again disappeared. The next thing we knew, a passing bus was being raced up the road by flames. This time my firebug friend had poured gasoline along the white strip at the edge of the road, and we got to watch the flames race beside the bus as it went on towards Wayne.
    Our last outing was when I was 15. On Halloween night, just as the final member of our crew that night arrived (we were down to only 5 guys at the start of the evening, about half our usual number), another gang bombarded a police car, which came roaring towards us, lights ablaze and sirens flashing. We hadn't done anything (yet), but we were also five teenagers, armed with illegal fireworks and other guilty-looking items, so we had to flee into the woods, with the police in hot (and extended) pursuit.
    After we made our escape, we then traveled on the road on which I lived. We were down to 4 guys, as one of our band had happened to meet a girl, and decided to depart with her for more intimate activites.
    We found a "jack-o-lantern" pumpkin, that had been on our front porch, smashed into the road. We picked it up, deciding that it could be of use. We then continued our travels, and were inspired to spread brush and tree limbs across the road, so we would block the school bus which we normally rode when it tried to make its run the next morning.
    We finally reached another rural community. We started looking for the mailbox of "Hop" Fields, with the intention of stuffing the pumpkin in his mailbox. What we did not know at the time was that the other gang, the one that had previously bombed the police car, had already been through that community, bombing houses with rocks. The community was waiting, and they thought that WE were THAT gang.
    We suddenly heard "Hop's" deep voice: "Come down here boys!" Without a word, we all instantly ran, going back down the same road, the only way out of that community, nestled in a narrow valley. Shots rang out, not in the air, but directly at us, with bullets whizzing by us. Lights were coming on in the community, and at least one other person came out onto his front porch, armed with his revolver.
    Oh, those tree limbs and the brush we had put in the road?--it now barred our path, but we plowed through it, as it scratched and cut us. Meanwhile, neighboring dogs joined into the fun, giving chase.
    No one had a stopwatch, but I conservatively estimate I was reeling off 100 yard dash times, one after the other, in the sub-8 second range.
    We finally made our escape. For some reason, we didn't venture out like that again. Two members of our gang are now ministers and I'm a lawyer.
    Last edited by RedsBaron; 08-18-2007 at 08:41 AM.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Two members of our gang are now ministers and I'm a lawyer.

Wow, what a story.

Well, at least that explains it.

:
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Putting toothpaste in the hand of a sleeping buddy.... then wake them up!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I interned at a Major League Baseball organization's spring training facility. One of the players (from Louisiana - big surprise!) captured an alligator and set it loose in another player's room. First time I ever saw a grown man truly scream like a little girl.

The stuff I did in college didn't compare to some of their antics. We were amateurs.
    Stick to your guns.

While in the Navy we had a buddy who was deathly afraid of snakes. One day we found a dead snake (nice size one too), and curl it up inside the guard shack when it was time for him to stand watch.

The guy stood outside in the cold/rain for 4 hours during his watch and wouldn't go anywhere near the shack.

The Amtrak (up thru the 1980s) passed right through our village about 10pm every night and again at about 4 am. My friends and I used to stand a few feet from the tracks and moon them and/or flip them off and/or show our sunny sides. The passengers would have a look of momentary shock and they would then keep turning their faces towards us as the train continued on.

Go into Kroger (or Meijer or Walmart, etc.) and walk around and randomly (and covertly) put maxi pads and/or condoms into people's carts and then blend yourself into the scenery and watch their reactions. It's hilarious.

One summer at Ohio U, I was on the paint crew. We switched the telephones around from room to room and floor to floor in every dorm we were in, therefore no room had the correct phone number to correspond with what was printed on the phone. We thought we were slick. We found out at the end of the summer that we were not to only ones to ever think of doing that; it happened every year and the residence life and housekeeping staffs already had a plan in place to remedy the situation.

Thrown eggs & water balloons off a rocky cliff down into traffic. It was about a 50 ft drop, and if you could time it right then it was nice. Semi's were easy.

Senor Votto

I've never done anything major but last year, my Junior year, of high school we were watching a movie in Honors English class. The bell was about 5 minutes away from ringing and my friend put his bookbag on. I get down on the floor and sneak right beside his desk. I tie his book bag to the back of the chair. When he stood up he took the whole desk with him. I don't think he ever found out it was me to top it all off.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

I once had the Meijer Customer Service desk ask for "Hugh Jass"
    Witty signature.

My brother and his buddies have come up with a brilliant prank. They hang a glowstick to a fishing line and then toss the fishing line over a tree limb that hangs over a busy county road. Anytime a car comes they hide in the bushes and drop the glowstick down to windshield level and then raise it when the car gets with 5-10 feet of the glowstick. I was watching them do it a few nights ago and the confused look on the drivers faces was hilarious. It's one of the better pranks I've seen.

Turn Off Ads?