Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Childhood Pranks

Re: Childhood Pranks

In college our dorm floor RA was a real jerk. He went home after christmas finals 2 days early. We bought 5 pounds of flour and with a hair dryer easily blew all the flour under his room door. When he came back after christmas break, it looked like a winter wonder land in his room. It honestly looked liked it snowed 2 inches in his room....classic!
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

2. Turn Off Ads?

We'd walk along the road and just as a car passed (going 25 or so) we'd reach out and slap the back fender and fall on the roadside screaming. The car would screech to a stop and the driver would get out and come running scared to death...at which point we'd leap up and run like hell laughing and yelling "SUCKERRRR!"

We had a tree lined street in Sharon Park, a little burb outside Hamilton. We'd climb into a tree with a squirtgun we'd modified a bit - first you ream out the hole then you mix some flour, pepper and water and pour this goop into the gun. Then when cars drive under you you "bird poop" the windsheild. Best hit wins. The one weakness was if any driver figured it out you were stuck up the tree. Most just thought there were some big birds in the neighborhood.

The most destructive thing we did I guess was gluing firecrackers into exhaust pipes. One summer I guess we got every car for a four block radius and the whole neighborhood sounded like a a war zone as the Dads left for work. I don't think anything was actually damaged but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by RedlegJake; 06-16-2008 at 12:51 AM.

My youngest just got involved in his first neighborhood prank. It was mainly the two boys in the neighborhood he has started running with. They decided to get some eggs and egged the neighbor lady's house and car. My son (Samuel) told them it was wrong and he wouldn't do it. But after being taunted as a wimp and sissy he reluctantly put one in her mail box while the other boys egged her house and car.

Samuel's conscience really got to him afterwards, so he went up to her door, knocked, and told the lady what they had done. He then helped her to clean everything up.

The other boys were mad at him at first because he squealed on them. But it has since blown over.

I had a nice talk with Samuel and told him that when he KNOWS something is wrong (which at first he did) then go with that instinct regardless of what your buddies my be saying or calling you. Be independent, not a follower.

Besides.... you always get caught. And if there is property damage involved then it's ME (the parent) that has to pay for it.

You will definitely pay for it in other ways. Dad will get his "pound of flesh".
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Edit:

On second thought, I better not.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

During part of my junior year of high school I lived with my dad in an apartment above a barber shop right on Main St. in Williamsburg, OH. My brother and I got great kicks out of lobbing water balloons out the living room window at the passing cars below. The police station being right across the street did little to dissuade us. About an hour later there was a knock on the door and it was a cop. He was telling us that someone had stopped at the police station to report us. It turns out that one of them didn't hit a passing car but had gone through the open passenger window. As soon as the cop left, we both just started laughing hysterically. Looking back, if a water balloon came through my open window, I would be pretty ticked, but to a 16 year old it was pretty funny.

We broke into a friend's car and removed his front seat.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

During part of my junior year of high school I lived with my dad in an apartment above a barber shop right on Main St. in Williamsburg, OH.
    My cousin, Dr. Bohl, had a dentist office right up the street from there.

Great story, ORH.

Turn Off Ads?