Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Football trade advice needed

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Football trade advice needed

first off, I'm far from a fantasy football expert. I enjoy it but it's a diversion during the baseball offseason

I'm being offered Larry Johnson and Marion Barber III for Reggie Bush and Cedric Benson.

this is a keeper league, 4 veterans plus a rookie-my keepers this year were T.O., Marvin Harrison, Carson Palmer, Thomas Jones, and Reggie Bush.

My roster:

Reggie Bush
    (NO - RB)
    Marvin Harrison
    (Ind - WR)
    Cedric Benson
    (Chi - RB)
    Terrell Owens
    (Dal - WR)
    Carson Palmer
    (Cin - QB)
    Thomas Jones
    (NYJ - RB)
    Reggie Brown
    (Phi - WR)
    Todd Heap
    (Bal - TE)
    Tony Romo
    (Dal - QB)
    Devery Henderson
    (NO - WR)
    Dallas Clark
    (Ind - TE)
    Chris Brown
    (Ten - RB)
    Bobby Wade
    (Min - WR)
    Lorenzo Booker
    (Mia - RB)
    Steve Smith
    (NYG - WR)

12 teams, H2H, very knowledgable players.
    Completions (1)
    Passing Yards (30 yards per point)
    Passing Touchdowns (6)
    Interceptions (-2)
    Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
    Rushing Touchdowns (6)
    Receptions (1)
    Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
    Reception Touchdowns (6)
    Return Touchdowns (6)
    2-Point Conversions (2)
    Fumbles Lost (-2)
    Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
    Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
    Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
    Point After Attempt Made (1)
    Sack (1)
    Interception (2)
    Fumble Recovery (2)
    Touchdown (6)
    Safety (2)
    Block Kick (2)
    Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)
    Points Allowed 0 points (10)
    Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
    Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
    Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
    Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
    Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
    Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

Thoughts?
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Football trade advice needed

I wouldn't do it. Keep Bush and Benson. Johnson is unhappy even if he signs a new deal. He really didn't have a great year IMO for 2006. As far as Marion Barber.....next question
    Reds fan since 1970

I wouldn't do it either. Reggie will give you alot of tds. I think the Chiefs will try to cut down on lj's carries this year. There is no way he gets as many as he did last year.

uoduck1017

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I wouldn't do it either. Reggie will give you alot of tds. I think the Chiefs will try to cut down on lj's carries this year. There is no way he gets as many as he did last year.
    I think by looking at their QB situation, they will need to give LJ a lot of carries. Damon Huard or Brodie Croyle aren't going to take that team to the playoffs without feeding him the ball...a lot. Of course, this could be a moot point if he does not sign by the time the season starts.

You have to take into account that the Chiefs have lost several stalwarts from their O-Line the last couple of years in Shields and Roaf, and they're passing game should be absolutely pathetic this year. Johnson's a very talented back, and that alone will put him over 1,000 yards, but if I were you, I'd nix this trade.

No deal.

LJ is coming off a record-setting number of carries, and he's not going to be in the best of shape when the season starts. He's a candidate for injury. And Barber isn't going to get the lion's share of the carries in Dallas.

On the other side of the deal, Reggie Bush is electric. And I think Benson will be a huge sleeper this season and will emerge as a very good RB2. Next year, he'll be an RB1.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I'm not concerned about LJ and the amount of carries. He is only like 27, played very little in the beginning of his NFL career. So that shouldn't be a concern. What should be a concern is the loss of some key linemen the Chiefs have had.

Still though, I wouldn't do the deal either. You got Bush, he'll get you lots of points for receptions. Benson will be the "man" in Chicago and they do like to pound the rock. You got what looks like a good team, I wouldn't bother with the deal.

I agree, keep Bush. But Benson? Scary, trade him if you can, he has never proved he can go the distance and while he may, I wouldn't bank on it. I would consider packaging him and Romo for a true number one runner, esp. after Romo's game tonight, he may be overvalued.

Turn Off Ads?