Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bonds preparing to sue Schilling

Bonds preparing to sue Schilling

Bonds reportedly preparing to sue Schilling

August 16, 2007
    NEW YORK (TICKER) -- Barry Bonds has bolstered his legal team and could be preparing to slap a lawsuit on Curt Schilling, the New York Daily News reported on its web site Thursday.

According to the report, Bonds retained San Francisco attorney Todd Schneider and Oakland attorney John Burris to represent him in a possible defamation lawsuit against the veteran Boston Red Sox pitcher.

"There's no guarantee any action will be taken," Burris told the newspaper. "The most important thing to communicate is that Barry's silence up until now is not an admission to anything."

Bonds, who hit career home run No. 756 on August 7 to pass Hank Aaron for the most in baseball history, already is the subject of the BALCO steroids investigation and is represented by Michael Rains in that matter. The BALCO grand jury reconvenes next month.

On the HBO program "Costas Now," Schilling discussed Bonds' former mistress, Kimberly Bell, and her potentially damaging grand-jury testimony. She reportedly testified that Bonds told her about his steroid use.

"If I wrote a book about Bob Costas and in that book I wrote about Bob Costas' girlfriend being on the road, and Bob Costas giving that girlfriend card-show money and I outlined your daily steroid regimen, I've got to believe your first line of defense is to sue my (butt) off," Schilling said on the program.

Schneider and Burris issued joint statements, the newspaper reported.

"Mr. Bonds retained Schneider and Burris because of the false nature of these statements," the statement read. "While pursuing Hank Aaron's home run record, Barry felt that it was more prudent to remain silent. Now that the record has been broken, Burris and Schneider will evaluate any and all statements attributed to him that are false."

Bonds belted his 759th career homer on Wednesday night against the Atlanta Braves.
    Most Vottomatic Player

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bonds preparing to sue Schilling

I'll kick in money to the Schilling defense team. Bring it on Bonds.

So is Bonds going to sue everyone that says he used steroids?

That'll clog up the court system for decades.

So bonds is going to try to prove that he didnt do roids but in route to that hes going to admit to lying to the grand jury?

Schiiling is a loudmouth,I say good idea Bonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    Schiiling is a loudmouth,I say good idea Bonds.
    The "loudmouth" vs. the "cheater."

Time to break out the popcorn, kids! This could get fun!

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    So is Bonds going to sue everyone that says he used steroids?

That'll clog up the court system for decades.
    Actually, Schilling said Bonds admitted to using steroids, admitted to cheating on his wife, and admitted to cheating on his taxes.

Bonds has never said anything like that. So thats what he's presumbly suing for.

Quote Originally Posted by Goten View Post
    Actually, Schilling said Bonds admitted to using steroids, admitted to cheating on his wife, and admitted to cheating on his taxes.

Bonds has never said anything like that. So thats what he's presumbly suing for.
    Bonds has admitted to cheating on his wife and has admitted to doing roids

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    Bonds has admitted to cheating on his wife and has admitted to doing roids
    He admitted to unknowingly cheating. Probably because he's not man enough to fess up for it. I don't know. Maybe he did think it was flackseed oil or whatever. I don't know what to think on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    He admitted to unknowingly cheating. Probably because he's not man enough to fess up for it. I don't know. Maybe he did think it was flackseed oil or whatever. I don't know what to think on the subject.
    He knew he was taking roids according to every report out there including his buddy Gary Sheffield.

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Bonds is just blowing smoke. If there is a law suit, there is a thing called "discovery." Schillings defense team could dig real hard into everything and uncover a lot of dirt. Something Bonds does not want. Schillings defense team, unlike MLB, could care less what came out as long as it was to the benefit of their client.
    No way this happens. Bonds being the bully that he is, is just trying to keep other ML players mouth shut.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

I wonder if they're gonna save any of Bonds samples for the day that an HGH test is created........oh the fun that could come from that.

Turn Off Ads?