Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Zambrano extends w/Cubs 5yr 91M

  1. #1
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,095

    Zambrano extends w/Cubs 5yr 91M

    Sorry BLEEDS. It didn't work out for you.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    904

    Re: Zambrano extends w/Cubs 5yr 91M

    we didnt have a chance at him anyway...plus we own him
    Reds fan since 1970

  4. #3
    Member mroby85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: Zambrano extends w/Cubs 5yr 91M

    well that sucks!

    thats pretty affordable for big z man.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    866

    Re: Zambrano extends w/Cubs 5yr 91M

    Sweet.. thats 5 or 6 more years of seeing him melt down when he gives up a homer..

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Wallingford, CT via Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    318

    Re: Zambrano extends w/Cubs 5yr 91M

    Darn... now what pitcher are the Reds going to go after with the money they saved by not exercising Dunn's option? [/sarcasm]
    I'm not a hooligan. I'm a Reds supporter.

    Hooray Beer!

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Monfort Heights
    Posts
    621

    Re: Zambrano extends w/Cubs 5yr 91M

    Isn't that more than the deal he turned down in spring training? Good move for Big Z.

    By the way how good is the deal we got Harang locked up to? Z may be slightly better but Harang's certainly more mentally stable. I think Harang's worth every penny Z is.

  8. #7
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,917

    Re: Zambrano extends w/Cubs 5yr 91M

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadRedinCT View Post
    Darn... now what pitcher are the Reds going to go after with the money they saved by not exercising Dunn's option? [/sarcasm]
    Good point
    Most Vottomatic Player

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,161

    Re: Zambrano extends w/Cubs 5yr 91M

    That sucks. Guess we have to keep the Donkey now...

    PEACE

    -BLEEDS

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,161

    Re: Zambrano extends w/Cubs 5yr 91M

    Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Red View Post
    plus we own him
    What, this year? You'd better check his career numbers against us.

    Not to mention, having someone like him on our roster gives us about a 30 game swing in wins versus what we've been throwing up (pun intended) in the 3/4/5 spots this year...

    PEACE

    -BLEEDS

  11. #10
    The Future GoReds33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,463

    Re: Zambrano extends w/Cubs 5yr 91M

    Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    What, this year? You'd better check his career numbers against us.

    Not to mention, having someone like him on our roster gives us about a 30 game swing in wins versus what we've been throwing up (pun intended) in the 3/4/5 spots this year...

    PEACE

    -BLEEDS
    I didn't check the stats, but it seems like we always hit him pretty well.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    163

    Re: Zambrano extends w/Cubs 5yr 91M

    I would hate to think we would even consider tying up 15-20 mil a year on anyone as mentally unstable as Zambrano. Hopefully there will be better options in the FA market during the offseason.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    665

    Re: Zambrano extends w/Cubs 5yr 91M

    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Red View Post
    I would hate to think we would even consider tying up 15-20 mil a year on anyone as mentally unstable as Zambrano. Hopefully there will be better options in the FA market during the offseason.
    Good luck trying to do better than a legitimate number one starter who is a mere 26 years old...

  14. #13
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,095

    Re: Zambrano extends w/Cubs 5yr 91M

    Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I didn't check the stats, but it seems like we always hit him pretty well.
    Over the past 3 years Carlos sits at 3.90 ERA vs Cincy...the Reds are .50 better than any other team in the central (~3.25 is the next best team). This year...his ERA is 6+ vs Cincy.

  15. #14
    Member mroby85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: Zambrano extends w/Cubs 5yr 91M

    he's a strong arm that is always healthy, and keeps his team in the game. i would take him any day of the week.

  16. #15
    The Future GoReds33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,463

    Re: Zambrano extends w/Cubs 5yr 91M

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Over the past 3 years Carlos sits at 3.90 ERA vs Cincy...the Reds are .50 better than any other team in the central (~3.25 is the next best team). This year...his ERA is 6+ vs Cincy.
    Thanks. We do hit him well then. I guess it because we have good lefty power, and a couple guys who can mess with him when they get on base.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25