Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bud Selig

Bud Selig

Is anyone else irked by this guy not going to Bonds' games? I mean, he's the Commissioner for crying out loud. His comments after Bonds tied it irked me a bit and now he's meeting with George Mitchell? He's making it worse than it already is! Bud is doing everything wrong in this situation and his professionalism is at an all-time low.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Bud Selig

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Is anyone else irked by this guy not going to Bonds' games?
    Couldn't care less

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Couldn't care less

You must be one of those people who answer an opinion poll, "I have no opinion."

Senor Votto

You must be one of those people who answer an opinion poll, "I have no opinion."
    Depends on what the question of the poll is

Is anyone else irked by this guy not going to Bonds' games? I mean, he's the Commissioner for crying out loud. His comments after Bonds tied it irked me a bit and now he's meeting with George Mitchell? He's making it worse than it already is! Bud is doing everything wrong in this situation and his professionalism is at an all-time low.

I thought bonds was the one who was breaking the record... as long as he is showing up for his games.. I could care less who is in attendance.. I am more upset Michael Jordan isnt there.. as a personal choice.. but i dont cry out about that.. If Bud doesnt want to be there.. he HAS THAT CHOICE.. Though i do agree it isnt very professional...

Kind of Ironic that the pitcher who gave up 755 has been suspended for steroid use.. I think so.. other than that the quicker that arrogantracist son of a gun gets this over with the better..

He has made it clear he does not like Bonds; I can't fault him for holding back on going to the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    I thought bonds was the one who was breaking the record... as long as he is showing up for his games.. I could care less who is in attendance.. I am more upset Michael Jordan isnt there.. as a personal choice.. but i dont cry out about that.. If Bud doesnt want to be there.. he HAS THAT CHOICE.. Though i do agree it isnt very professional...

Kind of Ironic that the pitcher who gave up 755 has been suspended for steroid use.. I think so.. other than that the quicker that arrogantracist son of a gun gets this over with the better..

I don't think some of you guys are seeing the importance of this. Selig is THE Commissioner of baseball. He's supposed to represent baseball. He SHOULD be at EVERY game Bonds has a chance to break until he does it. His official statement on tying the record was awful and him not going to the game and meeting w/ Mitchell, in my opinion, makes him look like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    He has made it clear he does not like Bonds; I can't fault him for holding back on going to the games.

For what? Turning his back on the steroids issue for years and then whining when he finally will break it?

I dislike Bud Selig... but I think this is great. I think it'd be even better if Bonds broke the record in an empty stadium with the game untelevised.

I don't think some of you guys are seeing the importance of this.
    I think everyone understands how important it is. That's why it's such a disaster for baseball that it's completely tainted. I don't think Selig wants to give Bonds any more legitimacy than he thinks Bonds deserves (which is very little).

For the record.. if selig were there.. and in years it is found that bonds did juice for sure.. then selig looks liek he supports a cheater..(dont say that wouldnt be said, everyone now faults baseball for the following of mcgwire and sosa).. kind of a lose lose for the guy dont you think?

selig is a jerk. did anyone hear him talking about his herculian effort? are you kidding me? he gets to go on private jets to watch baseball games, and see history made, and he's tryin to make it out like he's doing something hard? he's getting to witness history from box seats, i gotta say, i don't feel bad for him.

A jerk refusing to watch a jerk. What a beautiful world for baseball.

Selig is THE Commissioner of baseball. He's supposed to represent baseball.

He does represent baseball. He just doesn't chose to represent cheating.

Do I like Bud Selig? No! Does it bother me or do I think it's wrong that he is not attending the games to see the record broken? Not a bit!
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

Quote Originally Posted by Grounds_Crew View Post
    He does represent baseball. He just doesn't chose to represent cheating.

Do I like Bud Selig? No! Does it bother me or do I think it's wrong that he is not attending the games to see the record broken? Not a bit!
    who let george grande on the message board?

lol sorry i couldn't pass that up with 2 questions asked and answered by yourself.

Turn Off Ads?