Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tigers call up Cameron Maybin

Re: Tigers call up Cameron Maybin

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    You know the kind of year Harang is having this year? Andrew Miller has half a dozen like or better years in his immediate future and when he's done with that half a dozen, then he'll be the age that Harang is right now.

We're apparently not going to get much more than 2 high draft picks for Dunn, neither of which will probably do much in the Majors. Only 20% of picks from the 1st 5 rounds in the last 20 years even reach the Majors. Wasn't that the stat we discussed a couple of months ago?

It's Detroit who wouldn't dream of doing so a lopsided deal in our favor. But, if I was Detroit, they have a window right now and Dunn and Harang could help them win one, if not a couple of World Series. They have about $20M coming off the books at the end of this year freeing up plenty of money to sign Dunn.
    i didn't say andrew miller wasn't good but he is no sure thing. Money is the only reason they wouldn't do that. Harang is a sure thing workhorse and you don't trade those unless you are getting a better one back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Dont worry redblooded.... you made the right call. Maybin will not produce at a level you want outside of stolen bases for several years.
    I hope Maybin bombs so Detroit regrets not trading for Dunn or Junior.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    You know the kind of year Harang is having this year? Andrew Miller has half a dozen like or better years in his immediate future and when he's done with that half a dozen, then he'll be the age that Harang is right now.
    There's no guarantee. In 2003 everyone was convinced that Mark Prior was a future HOFer and now he's basically out of baseball. I wouldn't trade Harang straight up for any young pitcher, too much risk involved.

Quote Originally Posted by UC_Ken View Post
    There's no guarantee. In 2003 everyone was convinced that Mark Prior was a future HOFer and now he's basically out of baseball. I wouldn't trade Harang straight up for any young pitcher, too much risk involved.
    Prior and Miller were different pitchers coming out of College. Miller's the real deal and is 8 years younger than Harang. He's better than Lincecum and much better than Bailey.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

ED, I think you are way off base with your Miller talk. The guy is good and all, but he isn't on the same page as Lincecum right now outside of health concerns because of Tims size. I would still take Bailey over Miller though, although thats a closer call.

Maybin hit an absolute bomb today v. Clemens. Over the 408 mark in Yankee Stadium.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Maybin hit an absolute bomb today v. Clemens. Over the 408 mark in Yankee Stadium.
    I went and checked out the box score and Maybin got hit by Clemens in his next at bat.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    I went and checked out the box score and Maybin got hit by Clemens in his next at bat.
    Yea, it was an accident though. It was an 0-2 pitch with 2 runners on base. No way was it intentional.

Maybin's homered today. Not bad to take Roger Clemens deep in Yankee Stadium for your first career homer.

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    Yea, it was an accident though. It was an 0-2 pitch with 2 runners on base. No way was it intentional.
    I was watching. It wasn't intentional, otherwise it would've hit him in the back. Inside fastball, caught Maybin's right arm.

BTW. Roger Clemens was the MVP and CY Young winner in 1986. The year before Maybin was born.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Maybin's homered today. Not bad to take Grandpa Clemens deep in Yankee Stadium for your first career homer.
    Sorry, couldn't resist.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?