Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 08/17/07 Minor League Updates

Re: 08/17/07 Minor League Updates

Anyone think Maloney is due for a promotion to AAA? This kid has been lights out since coming over. The way our rotation has been behind Harang and Arroyo we need someone to be able to step in and be a decent starter.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Votto homers again! Joey is now 3-for-5 tonight with two homers and 4 RBI. That's four homers in his last five games. Call him up, Wayne.

Bruce is 0-for-3 with a walk.

BTW, both of Votto's homers tonight have been to the opposite field. That is why I think Joey will be a consistent .300+ hitter in the majors - because he sprays the ball from line to line.

Bruce singles to lead off the 9th, making him 1-for-4 with a single and a walk.

Chris Dickerson also has three hits, one of which is his 11th homer at Louisville.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Uhh, Maloney is kicking major booty.

Gotta give the man credit. I rip him all the time, but I have to say - great trade, Wayne.

I think Maloney is easily this organization's 3rd best pitching prospect, behind Cueto and Homer.

*edit to add that with 154 K's Maloney is 3rd in all of AA in K's.

-Gio Gonzalez (also in the Southern League) has 163.

-Radhames Liz in the Eastern league has 155.

-Nobody in the Texas League is close.

-Nobody in all of AAA is close, but I'm not sure about those that have split time between both AAA and AA.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRedleg; 08-17-2007 at 10:49 PM.

Drew Stubbs is 3-for-4 tonight with three singles and a walk.

Really would be nice to see Dickerson and Votto up in the Majors.

Drew Stubbs is 4-for-5 tonight with three singles and a walk. Drew lead off the top of the 10th with a bomb.

Dragons win 13-8 in 10 innings. Stubbs 4-6. Rojo 3-5,Francisco 3-4. Sarasota also wins in extra frames 4-3 in 12 innings.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Drew Stubbs is en fuego.

Dickerson, Dorn, Stubbs - looks as if the Reds may end up with more than one outstanding OF prospect. All 3 have been hot. I'll bet at least one becomes a ML starter.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    BTW, both of Votto's homers tonight have been to the opposite field. That is why I think Joey will be a consistent .300+ hitter in the majors - because he sprays the ball from line to line.
    I'm assuming both of those homeruns were against right-handers. Votto has been slugging all year around .350 against left-handers. But, he's learning still and it would be easier to learn to hit left-handers in AAA then to try to do it in the Majors.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Its my opinion that up till recently if someone said Stubbs is projecting to be a bust, I'd look at the numbers and say, "eh...I'll give you that(even though I like Stubbs)"

However, now the time has come in my eyes, where we can now say, "Stubbs is on the right track". Enough of this acting like he'll never make it to AA.

I know, his overall stats aren't overwhelming, but to not concede he's turned a corner and is headed in the right direction would show some sort of personal vendetta against the kid.

I know he's been hurt, and I know Lincecum is pitching well in the bigs...I'm just stating its nice to see Drew turn it up a notch...whats done is done, now lets root for the kid!!!

Good night for the minors from what it sounds like

Its kinda silly how this organization has went from nothing in the minors to having guys worth checking boxes for on a nightly basis.

Turn Off Ads?