Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow, the Brewers are Terrible

Wow, the Brewers are Terrible

I really want them to keep the Cubs out of the playoffs, but the way they're playing there's basically no chance. They're playing so bad that I wouldn't be shocked to see them finish within shouting distance of the Reds (and way behind Chicago). Hope I'm wrong (at least about them finishing behind Chicago!).

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wow, the Brewers are Terrible

yea, they can't win at all on the road, thats not good, i look for the cubs to cool off too though. especially with the soriano injury.

Senor Votto

If the Brewers are Terrible then what are the Reds

Currently, much better than the Brewers. 13-20 since the beginning of July with some absolute meltdowns.

You may not have noticed , but almost every team in the NL Central is pretty terrible. I believe no one would win the division if it wasn't necessary that some one would have to be less terrible than the rest.

11-0 after 3 in Denver. The beat goes on for the "mighty" NL Central leading Brew Crew.

Roster glue

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Currently, much better than the Brewers. 13-20 since the beginning of July with some absolute meltdowns.
    Reds without Harang are FAR worse than the Brewers without Sheets.

That said, I'm glad our GM made the "mistake" of extending Bronson Arroyo rather than signing Jeff Suppan. In other words, it could be MUCH worse: Krivsky could have favored the gleam on that particular pyrite.

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post

What would you say if the Reds caught them. If the Reds win tonight they are 10 back. Crazy things can happen in August and September, especially as many times as the Reds will play the Brewers and the Cubs.

yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Meat View Post
    What would you say if the Reds caught them. If the Reds win tonight they are 10 back. Crazy things can happen in August and September, especially as many times as the Reds will play the Brewers and the Cubs.
    Really, the best we can do is ruin their playoff hopes. Even in the best scenario, the Cards would probably win it... and believe me, I want NONE of that. I want even less for the Cubs, though.

im rooting for the Brewers...Cubs fans are the worst...take my word for it
    Reds fan since 1970

Id love for the cubs to have a few games lead nearing the end of the season and lose like 9 of the last 10 and that including 3 zambrano starts and the bullpen blowing it up or not scoring runs.

I WOULD LOVE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    Id love for the cubs to have a few games lead nearing the end of the season and lose like 9 of the last 10 and that including 3 zambrano starts and the bullpen blowing it up or not scoring runs.

I WOULD LOVE IT.
    Reds fan since 1970

Reds may be 9 back of the Cubs after tonight. Can we actually be considered remote contenders?

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    At least the Brewers have a brighter future. They have some fantastic young players that I really enjoy watching. Ryan Braun is unbelievable. Yovanni Gallardo is what we are all hoping Homer Bailey will become soon. Prince Fielder is already a stud. Corey Hart is a very good young player. Rickie Weeks, J.J. Hardy and Tony Gwynn Jr. are excellent prospects. Did I leave any others out?

The Brewers have the nucleus of a team that will be strong contenders for many seasons.

At this point, I fully expect the Reds to finish ahead of the Brew Crew. Those guys are truly laughable.

Turn Off Ads?