Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dunn home run 8/17

Dunn home run 8/17

Did anyone get the distance of the home run last night?
    I was watching DTV with the Brewers broadcast. They said
    it was the farthest they had ever seen in a game at Miller Park.
    They said Fielder has hit some up there in batting practice, but
    had never seen one hit that far in a game.
    Reds fan since 1970

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dunn home run 8/17

On Sportscenter they said it went 455 feet.

it was quite a shot to say the least
    Reds fan since 1970

And everyone wants the Reds to get rid of Dunn. Please!!

well, you all know it's dunn's fault that milwaukee scored three runs lastnight. it's also dunn's fault that mike stanton has struggled all season and coutlangus was sent to the bats. yup, the reds can afford to trade that offense away.

Can you imagine what Adam Dunn would do to a baseball on steroids? He might literally knock the cover off.

Adam Dunn got the same reward for his upper deck blast as Hatteberg did for one that just cleared the wall. When they start letting you run around the bases and score two runs for hitting the ball into the upped deck I will be impressed. Upper deck blasts are baseball's answer to the dunk in basketball. All style and not one extra bit of substance. They both get you on Sportscenter though. I am certain that if anyone could afford to sacrifice a bit of power for more consistent contact it would be Adam Dunn. And equally certain we will never find out.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Adam Dunn got the same reward for his upper deck blast as Hatteberg did for one that just cleared the wall. When they start letting you run around the bases and score two runs for hitting the ball into the upped deck I will be impressed. Upper deck blasts are baseball's answer to the dunk in basketball. All style and not one extra bit of substance. They both get you on Sportscenter though. I am certain that if anyone could afford to sacrifice a bit of power for more consistent contact it would be Adam Dunn. And equally certain we will never find out.
    Only Adam Dunn, and only on Redszone, could be criticized for a long home run.

Quote Originally Posted by muethibp View Post
    I don't see any criticism in that post. Can you be so kinda as to point it out to me?

umm, yeah. I'm pretty sure his response was to Fazio, and FadeTo's remarks that caused this thread to turn into something more than response about a tape-measure shot.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I don't see any criticism in that post. Can you be so kinda as to point it out to me?
    "I am certain that if anyone could afford to sacrifice a bit of power for more consistent contact it would be Adam Dunn. And equally certain we will never find out."

What an incredible shot! I do wish Dunn would be a Red next year but WAY too much money

he may at least be around until June
    Reds fan since 1970

Quote Originally Posted by stevekun View Post
    What an incredible shot! I do wish Dunn would be a Red next year but WAY too much money
    Do any of you people even know what the market value is? ANYONE?

Only on Reds Zone can anyone marvel at Dunn's raw power and think, "How could anyone want to get rid of him? He can hit the ball 450 feet!"

Turn Off Ads?