Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dunn home run 8/17

Re: Dunn home run 8/17

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Only on Reds Zone can anyone marvel at Dunn's raw power and think, "How could anyone want to get rid of him? He can hit the ball 450 feet!"
    And have 33 homers and 87(?) rbis.

He is awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    And have 33 homers and 87(?) rbis.

He is awful.
    I'm just going to quit because both sides are firmly entrenched on their Dunn arguments. All I have to say is I love Dunn's raw power. I love when he has his, "Are you kidding me" home runs.

Quote Originally Posted by muethibp View Post
    "I am certain that if anyone could afford to sacrifice a bit of power for more consistent contact it would be Adam Dunn. And equally certain we will never find out."
    How is that a criticism? That says Adam Dunn is one of the most powerful hitters in baseball. And furthermore if anyone could afford to sacrifice some power and still be a effective, while putting more balls into play it is Dunn. That is a compliment. Before the season I posted that AD would put up a .975+ OPS. I think he has a lot of untapped potential. I don't think we will ever see it though. But I hope we do. The above quote was not a critique. That was my realistic assessment of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    How is that a criticism? That says Adam Dunn is one of the most powerful hitters in baseball. And furthermore if anyone could afford to sacrifice some power and still be a effective, while putting more balls into play it is Dunn. That is a compliment. Before the season I posted that AD would put up a .975+ OPS. I think he has a lot of untapped potential. I don't think we will ever see it though. But I hope we do. The above quote was not a critique. That was my realistic assessment of the situation.
    It's not a compliment. It's a direct criticism of his approach to hitting and you know it. Something does not cease to be a critique just because you say it's cloaked in realism. I can say that Gary Majewski has stunk as a pitcher. That's a criticism and a realistic assessment of the situation; they are not mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by muethibp View Post
    It's not a compliment. It's a direct criticism of his approach to hitting and you know it. Something does not cease to be a critique just because you say it's cloaked in realism. I can say that Gary Majewski has stunk as a pitcher. That's a criticism and a realistic assessment of the situation; they are not mutually exclusive.
    Except that I never said that Adam Dunn stunk as a hitter. I am only positing that a different approach to hitting may be beneficial. I am not even sure that that is true. That is only my belief. I am convinced that he will never change his approach, because there is no guarantee that it will be beneficial. And most people will not change what they are doing and have had success at for the chance that maybe it will make them better. If you want to read that as a criticism. Fine. It wasn't.
    Last edited by texasdave; 08-18-2007 at 07:01 PM.

I'll say he stinks as a contact hitter and I wouldnt want him on my team for anything other than homerun derby.. I will be that guy..

Quote Originally Posted by mole44 View Post
    Do any of you people even know what the market value is? ANYONE?

Reds Budget < Market Value

Hope this clears it up.
    L.A. manager Grady Little had a bad feeling about Wednesday's game when he saw Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walking in after Harang's warmup.

"I saw two big men," Little said. "Either could have shut us out tonight."

Turn Off Ads?