Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: mike stanton!

mike stanton!

enough said!
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: mike stanton!

Best pitcher in the Reds organization.

"This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Can everyday Eddie get in on some of that?
    Go Gators!

Good thing Coutlangus is not with the big club - no way does he help...I would rather have crusty veterans burning up payroll, innings pitched, and ballgames rather than give youngsters a chance in a lost season. Same goes for Salmon.
    Oh, yeah, and I hope Wayne smartens up and signs Milton to a 7-year contract before the year ends - we don't want any of that getting away!

Does Stanton have a contract for next year? I thought he signed a 2 year deal.
    ...And this one belongs to the Reds!!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post

enough said!
    Not enough for me, since I didn't catch today's game. I suspect that this would have been a more appropriate comment for the game thread. It's not like RedsZone's current favorite whipping boy needed yet another thread to flog him. The thread title landed one of my pet peeves, too. :thumbdown

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
    Does Stanton have a contract for next year? I thought he signed a 2 year deal.
    Yep. Stanton will still be here stinking it up again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Yep. Stanton will still be here stinking it up again next year.
    Possibly the year after too, if he hits a his clause, which at this pace he will.

signed 2-year deal worth $5.5M thru 2008 season on 11/20/06- + he receives salaries of $2M in 2007 and $3M in 2008- + the deal includes a team option for 2009 worth $2.5M or a $500K buyout- + the option becomes guaranteed at a value of $2.75M with 140 games pitched combined in 2007 and 2008-
    burn it up before he gets to 140 games please.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Can everyday Eddie get in on some of that?
    I was thinking the same thing.

Man Pills

Garbage. Human waste. Go away.

We keep hearing the Reds can't afford to give Adam Dunn a $3M raise.

Yet they can pay Stanton $3M to do what he does?

Tell me one more time just so I'll understand. I don't think they should do it this a way.

No offense to anyone who has participated, but this thread doesn't deserve to be in the Old Red Guard. I'm going to leave it open in case someone wants to salvage it.
    Last edited by macro; 08-19-2007 at 12:35 AM.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    No offense to anyone who has participated, but this thread doesn't deserve to be in the Old Red Guard. I'm going to leave it open in case someone wants to salvage it.
    Totally agree, Macro.

Nothing is being said here that hasn't been said a million times before. Mike Stanton is a stand up guy who takes responsibility for what happens on the field. He's not doing well. he knows it, we know it, and the world knows it. Like I said the game thread, the mystery is why we go to him so often. Let's let the Sun Deckers trash him. I'm sure he's just as upset as we are, but unlike some others, he handles it with class.

Wow, did I say that?

Mike Stanton does at times have one of the nicest curve's and it can be absolutly knee buckling on lefties.

But it seems that hitters are avoiding it waiting on his less spectular fastball.
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

Turn Off Ads?