Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Funny Drew Stubbs quotes

Funny Drew Stubbs quotes

Match the post with the poster

1. I think he will be a worse version of Mike Cameron.

2. I've seen Stubbs play...4-5 times now and I see Szymanski.

3. If he doesn't make it the bigs hes going to be a bust,
    if he makes it and is an average player he will be a bust.

4. The guy is playing in Low A and came from a major college program.
    He was a top 10 pick. Add that up and he should be tearing the league apart.

5. He seems like another Adam Dunn without the power.

6. People are hunting around in the dark with their hands to find something,
    ANYTHING for which to praise this guy.

*answers below*

1. Benihana
    2. dfs
    3. bucksfan2
    4. edabbs44
    5. AmarilloRed
    6. Falls City Beer

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...ghlight=stubbs

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Funny Drew Stubbs quotes

I am ashamed by that post now. At the time he was striking out a lot and not showing much power. It shows how much a prospect can change in a short amount of time. Still, I imagine we all post items that we would prefer to not have remembered. Goes with the territory.

This is my favorite quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    He's Chris Dickerson with a less famous father.

Amarillo, I think I said this before I appreciate you standing up to your comments. When I've said some things here at Redzone that I've been somewhat ashamed about I've apologized, I wish all these guys would stand up for these comments about one of our own in Drew Stubbs instead of waiting for him to go into a slump.

I know his recent string of success has folks excited and as a fan I hope I'm wrong, but I'll stand by my comments. I've seen the guy hit 35-40 times now and I've still never seen him drive the ball. As he moves up the ladder and infield defenses get tighter and pitching gets better, he's going to evaporate.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

if you have Time warner cable turn to channel 1111 and go to the Dragon's game either July 15 or 16 the lastest game they have uploaded, he hits a leadoff homer to start the game, it'll only take 5 minutes of your very valuable time.

4. The guy is playing in Low A and came from a major college program.
    He was a top 10 pick. Add that up and he should be tearing the league apart.
    I think this is mine which I am still on board with. It's great to see him start to do something, but he's a long ways away. I think you should do another one on Sean Watson, as the board seems to have cooled considerably since the jump.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I personally still love Watson. The stuff is still there, he just seems to have hit a brick wall. Its not surprising considering the innings he has thrown after being a reliever.

People should not be ashamed of what they wrote.

A hot stint in A ball shouldn't be enough to change somebody's opinions. If it is, then people shouldn't have been expressing such disdain for Stubbs in the first place.

Anyways, I continue to support Stubbs. I'm not at all surprised his game (and power) has taken an upwards surge. The key is to see how long he can continue this, and hopefully Stubbs can make a successful move to a higher level and prove some people wrong. He has the tools, and I firmly believe that he has the plate approach neccessary to be a success. As for now, it's much to early to be dishing out crow.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    If I'd just gone for the simple "less famous last name," I'd have had a gold quote.

But NOOOOOooOOOO...I had to be the hero.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I personally still love Watson. The stuff is still there, he just seems to have hit a brick wall. Its not surprising considering the innings he has thrown after being a reliever.
    I agree with this. I am still a huge fan of Sean Watson. The stuff is there for him to be a very good starting pitcher IMO.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Isn't he Eric Dickerson's cousin? That's what his bio says. That makes the quote even funnier!

just goes to show what I constantly preach on here...

patience with prospects. 1 "bad" year does not make or break a prospect. just the same with a "good" year. gets frustrating sometimes at how quick the "faithful" stamp judgement on prospects around here without examining all possible info...

simply too early to write stubbs off... and too early to predict certain success as well

but you certainly have to feel better about stubb's status as a prospect than you did a year ago.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    just goes to show what I constantly preach on here...

patience with prospects. 1 "bad" year does not make or break a prospect. just the same with a "good" year. gets frustrating sometimes at how quick the "faithful" stamp judgement on prospects around here without examining all possible info...

simply too early to write stubbs off... and too early to predict certain success as well

but you certainly have to feel better about stubb's status as a prospect than you did a year ago.
    Sure, but going from ice cold to lukewarm isn't great. He is still a far way from where he should be.

Ironically I stand by my quote. I still think he'll be a worse version of Mike Cameron.

That said, I'm happy to see his recent upsurge. Maybe he can be another Mike Cameron!

Or Steve Finley.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?