Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dave Matthews Band

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: The Dave Matthews Band

Less than 1 week until DMB at Riverbend. Anyone on here going this year? I've had my tickets for a while, and I can't wait.

I saw the band at Deer Creek this past weekend for a two night show -- amazing time. They sounds better than ever, even with LeRoi Moore being out injured. Dave's voice sounds a ton better (quitting smoking has REALLY paid off -- he's back to hitting the falsettos on most of the songs) than in recent memory.

Although, it looks like another scorcher this year -- hopefully they give us a good show here in Cincy!
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Less than 1 week until DMB at Riverbend. Anyone on here going this year? I've had my tickets for a while, and I can't wait.

I saw the band at Deer Creek this past weekend for a two night show -- amazing time. They sounds better than ever, even with LeRoi Moore being out injured. Dave's voice sounds a ton better (quitting smoking has REALLY paid off -- he's back to hitting the falsettos on most of the songs) than in recent memory.

Although, it looks like another scorcher this year -- hopefully they give us a good show here in Cincy!
    I stopped going to shows when Dave's voice really started to go down hill. Hearing his voice this year though is like seeing them back when I was in high school. I'm happy he quit smoking.

Pictures I took last night in Columbus:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9930240...57606457080528

I'll be at Riverbend next week as well along with Alpine and the Gorge.

For those interested, Radio 94.1 locally here in Cincinnati is playing nothing but DMB music for the next ~36 hours as a "pregame" for the concert tomorrow night.

Lots of live stuff, and even a few pieces you never hear on the radio -- I've been listening at work and heard So Right, The Last Stop, Halloween, So Damn Lucky, and Jimi Thing.

Fun stuff.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

For those interested, Radio 94.1 locally here in Cincinnati is playing nothing but DMB music for the next ~36 hours as a "pregame" for the concert tomorrow night.

Lots of live stuff, and even a few pieces you never hear on the radio -- I've been listening at work and heard So Right, The Last Stop, Halloween, So Damn Lucky, and Jimi Thing.

Fun stuff.
    Been listening all day at work. Really cool idea.

24 more hours.....

You meeting up at the Ants tailgate?

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post

You meeting up at the Ants tailgate?
    Not sure -- depends on what time I get off work downtown. I want to make sure I get inside the venue and stake out a good spot before TR3 hits the stage. If I can dip out early, I'll definitely stop by.

Plus, tall guy like me needs to get in early -- that way I don't look like a jerk when I get to the front and obstruct people's views.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Not sure -- depends on what time I get off work downtown. I want to make sure I get inside the venue and stake out a good spot before TR3 hits the stage. If I can dip out early, I'll definitely stop by.

Plus, tall guy like me needs to get in early -- that way I don't look like a jerk when I get to the front and obstruct people's views.
    Good deal man. I'll be wearing my #41 Reds jersey with DMB on the back. Stop and say hi if you see me running around since we both run around the 2 boards. I'll probably be stopping by there depending on the weather but I have the whole work thing going on as well. I just want to make sure I'm in before 7 so I can see TR3.

Worth The Wait

Wow, just checking the setlist (show isn't even over yet) and it looks like Cincy got a winner! Halloween, Water/Wine, Granny, #41.... SWEET!

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    Wow, just checking the setlist (show isn't even over yet) and it looks like Cincy got a winner! Halloween, Water/Wine, Granny, #41.... SWEET!
    I got upgraded to front row center by the WH while I was sitting in my seats during the opening act. It was beyond unbelievable when the guy came up to our group and asked if we would like to trade him tickets. I'm still staring at the ticket that says PIT Row A on it in disbelief 3 hours later.

Talk about an amazing set. Halloween was totally brought on by LOUD crowd chants. Also got #41 (my favorite song), Billies, Two Step, Granny, Water/Wine (twice sorta) among others. What a freakin night....that all I can keep saying.

Got to meet Caveat in the lots as well....nice to meet you man!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    Got to meet Caveat in the lots as well....nice to meet you man!
    Ha -- definitely good to meet you. Us RedsZone/AM.org crossover types need to stick together!

Hell of a show doesn't even begin to describe it. I could see your jersey in the front row from where I was sitting in the back of the pavilion -- you'll have to fill me on what the band was doing right before they dropped Halloween on us.

I'm still too wound up from the show to sleep -- and I have to be at work in less than 5 hours.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 08-06-2008 at 04:00 AM.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Ha -- definitely good to meet you. Us RedsZone/AM.org crossover types need to stick together!

Hell of a show doesn't even begin to describe it. I could see your jersey in the front row from where I was sitting in the back of the pavilion -- you'll have to fill me on what the band was doing right before they dropped Halloween on us.
    Yeah, it was crazy up front all night...lots of band interaction and lots of crowd/band interaction in the Pit. I'm listening to this Halloween tape and I literally am getting chills right when Carter kicks from Everyday into it. I hesitate to try and rank shows right after they happen...but this show is definitely top 3 overall for me with Piedmont and Alpine N2 2005. It was definitely my best overall concert experience with the seat upgrade and finally hearing Halloween on my 28th show.

More details tomorrow....too tired now.

Best concert I've been to so far. Just an amazing night. Was pretty sure that was you when I saw the jersey up front haha.

Look for the new jersey this weekend at Alpine, haha.

My girlfriend got me the Reds jersey last year and I absolutely love it. I wear it to every show I go to. I got tons of compliments on it every show and even some Reds games when I wear it. Riverbend and Columbus were the first two Ohio shows I've worn it to and at Columbus I had a couple people come up and ask to take pics with them and the back, haha. Then, at Riverbend I had at least 5 people come up to me and ask to "shake the hand of the guy with the awesome jersey."

Since it was such a hit my girlfriend decided to copy the idea again this year (my bday is Saturday) and she got me an Ohio State jersey with DMB on the back and #40 this time. When she gave it to me I acted disappointed and immediately said "But I like #36 more than #40." Her expression was priceless but then she knew I was joking, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    DMB in OKC! Sweeet! Can't wait.
    Did you make the OKC show?

Because -- hot damn: Seek Up, Nancies & Warehouse to open (I'd be losing my mind at that point), PLUS #41, Halloween, Sledgehammer, and Two Step in the set as well.

Sounds like a killer show.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Did you make the OKC show?

Because -- hot damn: Seek Up, Nancies & Warehouse to open (I'd be losing my mind at that point), PLUS #41, Halloween, Sledgehammer, and Two Step in the set as well.

Sounds like a killer show.
    Man tell me about it.

I saw that set list on their tour website and just sat and drooled.

I was at riverbend and loved it (Burning Down The House and Crush were absolutely fantastic) but if I could have picked just one show that would have been it.

Turn Off Ads?