Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 59 of 59

Thread: Bengals Predictions

  1. #46
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,434

    Re: Bengals Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I have to disagree with this statement. Rudi rushed for less than 50 yards 4 times last year which includes three divisional games. His five games over 100 yards were primarily against bad rushing defenses (Cleveland, NO, Oakland). I think Rudi is a capable back but he is far from irreplaceable. Also, I doubt we would see Kenny Watson as Rudi's replacement. Quincy Wilson is a Rudi clone and would likely take over if Chris Perry couldn't do it.

    Finally, the only way the Bengals win less than 8 games against this schedule is if they lose Palmer for more than a game.
    I see why you would say that, but the Bengals won two of those games, and in the other two, the Bengals were heavily criticized for not running the ball enough (for which the Bengals staff agreed and decided to take some blame for the losses).

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    12,129

    Re: Bengals Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I'm sorry but these are rediculous statements. Losing your back up QB is going to hurt you? I think we all agree that if Carson goes down, the season goes down with him regardless of the back up. Also, the Bengals didn't have Kenny Irons or Chris Perry last year and they won 8 games against a more difficult schedule. We didn't have Irons last year and don't know what he would have brought this year so I question whether losing him makes us significantly worse.
    Eh, it's just my opinion so take it all with a grain of salt.

    I think the Bengals got lucky last year on both the Carson Palmer and Rudi Johnson front. I think top-line NFL teams have to have to have capable backups at both positions. Maybe not to carry the position for the season, but to be able to fill in anywhere from one series to one game and not lose too much. I thought Wright would be able to do that. From what I've seen of Doug Johnson, he looks pretty sad. Kenny Watson may be good enough.

    Overall, I just don't have a good feeling about the roster. So shoot me.

    Pay attention to the open sky

  4. #48
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,434

    Re: Bengals Predictions

    Having Anthony Wright over Doug Johnson makes the difference over one game, tops (and that's assuming Palmer gets hurt). Losing Kenny Irons doesn't make the team worse than last year, but it stops the Bengals from improving on that part of the offense. Then again, if Chris Perry comes back close to how he was before the injury, it's most likely a moot point. Not having Chris Henry will hurt a little--he will play in five games less than he did last year--but Tab Perry is back after missing 14 games, Bennie Brazell is back after missing 16 games, and Antonio Chatman is back after missing 13 games. Collectively, I think those three guys will be able to adequately replace Chris Henry for eight games.

  5. #49
    Member CrackerJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    5,006

    Re: Bengals Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Having Anthony Wright over Doug Johnson makes the difference over one game, tops (and that's assuming Palmer gets hurt). Losing Kenny Irons doesn't make the team worse than last year, but it stops the Bengals from improving on that part of the offense. Then again, if Chris Perry comes back close to how he was before the injury, it's most likely a moot point. Not having Chris Henry will hurt a little--he will play in five games less than he did last year--but Tab Perry is back after missing 14 games, Bennie Brazell is back after missing 16 games, and Antonio Chatman is back after missing 13 games. Collectively, I think those three guys will be able to adequately replace Chris Henry for eight games.
    Although it's very possible Chatman and Brazelle will be cut with Holt an Skyler Green taking their place.

    There really is no one who can make up for a loss of Chris Henry, the guy's just as talented as TJ or Chad or anyone else in the league (think Randy Moss in his prime).

    The area of weakeness on this team we should be focusing on is the banged up and relatively inexperienced o-line, and the poor play of Ahmad Brooks and a 28th ranked defense that really didn't improve at all on paper.

    My excitment/hopes for this season are tempered.

  6. #50
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,434

    Re: Bengals Predictions

    I think the Bengals are going to blow people away this year. Mark it down: When the season starts, everyone's going to say, "Wow! I'm a huge Bengals fan, and even I didn't expect to see that kind of excellence!"

  7. #51
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,160

    Re: Bengals Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I think the Bengals are going to blow people away this year. Mark it down: When the season starts, everyone's going to say, "Wow! I'm a huge Bengals fan, and even I didn't expect to see that kind of excellence!"
    I think everyone is going to say: Crap! I'm a huge Bengals fan, and even I didn't expect to see that kind of suckitude!

    I love the Bengals, I am just really worried. Too many big questions.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  8. #52
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: Bengals Predictions

    I guarantee somewhere between 1 and 16 wins. Mark it down Dude!
    Witty signature.

  9. #53
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,915

    Re: Bengals Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    I guarantee somewhere between 1 and 16 wins. Mark it down Dude!
    Now they'll go 0-0-16
    Most Vottomatic Player

  10. #54
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,171

    Re: Bengals Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I think the Bengals are going to blow people away this year. Mark it down: When the season starts, everyone's going to say, "Wow! I'm a huge Bengals fan, and even I didn't expect to see that kind of excellence!"
    I wouldn't go that far. I will say that the I think the bengals will have a good season this year. This team is very similar to the team that played last year. IMO their biggest loss was KK and he was nothing special. The loss of Simmons (who was no longer that productive) and Wright (if carson isn't on the field we are going to struggle anyways) aren't that big. Defense is going to be improved this year over last. There is more depth and competition in the secondary. Ahmed Brooks will continue to improve this year. He is going to be a work in progress and people have to realize that. He has started <5 games at MLB and people need to be less concerned disecting the playes where he is out of position and realize that is going to happen.

    I think its funny that people are so worried about Henry. He is a great #3 reciever but he is a #3 reciever. Chad and TJ are both good enough to keep the d's attention and a guy like Tab Perry can excell in the 3rd reciever roll. I think this team could be a huge boost when Perry and Henry come back in weeks 5-8. The bengals should get back 2 players who are healthy midway though the season who could be a huge boost.

  11. #55
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: Bengals Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I'm sorry but these are rediculous statements. Losing your back up QB is going to hurt you? I think we all agree that if Carson goes down, the season goes down with him regardless of the back up. Also, the Bengals didn't have Kenny Irons or Chris Perry last year and they won 8 games against a more difficult schedule. We didn't have Irons last year and don't know what he would have brought this year so I question whether losing him makes us significantly worse.
    Have you seen Doug Johnson play in preseason? I know Wright isnt a savior, but neither was Jon Kitna. The Bengals really need a backup QB, especially if Carson Palmer is one knee injury away from being a career ender(that was the report, wasn't it?)

    The problem with the running game though is that Rudi isn't going to last forever. He has begun to show some signs of wear and tear and with the average life expectancy of running backs in the league, losing Kenny Irons was a pretty big blow.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  12. #56
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: Bengals Predictions

    Hmmm... I want to be super-optimistic about the Bengals this season, but I just don't see the defense being that much improved...

    I'll hope for 10-6, but I lean more towards 9-7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  13. #57
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: Bengals Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. I will say that the I think the bengals will have a good season this year. This team is very similar to the team that played last year. IMO their biggest loss was KK and he was nothing special. The loss of Simmons (who was no longer that productive) and Wright (if carson isn't on the field we are going to struggle anyways) aren't that big. Defense is going to be improved this year over last. There is more depth and competition in the secondary. Ahmed Brooks will continue to improve this year. He is going to be a work in progress and people have to realize that. He has started <5 games at MLB and people need to be less concerned disecting the playes where he is out of position and realize that is going to happen.

    I think its funny that people are so worried about Henry. He is a great #3 reciever but he is a #3 reciever. Chad and TJ are both good enough to keep the d's attention and a guy like Tab Perry can excell in the 3rd reciever roll. I think this team could be a huge boost when Perry and Henry come back in weeks 5-8. The bengals should get back 2 players who are healthy midway though the season who could be a huge boost.
    Chris Henry has #1 potential. He has shown clear flashes of #1 ability throughout his tumultuous career... can he mature?

    Is Chris Perry going to play this season? Does he have an ETA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  14. #58
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,434

    Re: Bengals Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I think the Bengals are going to blow people away this year. Mark it down: When the season starts, everyone's going to say, "Wow! I'm a huge Bengals fan, and even I didn't expect to see that kind of excellence!"
    Wow, I really messed up on this one.

  15. #59
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    12,129

    Re: Bengals Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    The Bengals really did nothing to improve their defense over the off-season besides draft Leon Hall. Ahmed Brooks as a savior? Yikes.

    Losing Chris Henry for the first 8 games is really going to hurt them. Losing Kenny Irons is really going to hurt them too. Losing Anthony Wright as the #2 QB is going to hurt.

    Overall, their roster is thinner than what it was last year. Injuries and lack of depth are going to kill this team.

    This first 1/2 of the schedule is a killer and they can't rely on beating the Browns forever. I'd say they'll be 6-10.
    I guess I was wrong about Wright.

    Pay attention to the open sky


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25