Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Face of the Reds

Face of the Reds

Heh, dunno if anyone saw this but check out the choices you have for FACE OF THE REDS.

One of these things does not belong....
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Re: Face of the Reds

That's the funniest thing I'll see this week. Thank you!

"Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

I think it may be a play on words.
    Castro-Red(Communist)
    I've always made that connection.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Were they afraid Harang might scare people away?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

This is from red-hot-mama.com:

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Maybe there was a political-correctness obligation to include an infielder? JC has logged more time as a Red than any other Reds infielder.

When I first read the topic I thought "obviously Castro"
    Go Gators!

I think that the face of the Reds is Brandon Phillips...
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

This is more appropriate....

"panic" only comes from having real expectations

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

There can be only one choice. Brennamania...Catch it!
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Oh how I wish we could get enough votes to have Castro win. That announcement by ESPN would pretty much make the season for me.

Juan Castro is a great representative of the Reds in this decade. Just think of the players who have represented the Reds and all that they stood for through the decades: 1930s: Ernie Lombardi; 1940s: Bucky Walters; 1950s: Ted Kluzewski; 1960s: Frank Robinson; 1970s: Pete Rose & Johnny Bench & Joe Morgan; 1980s: Eric Davis; 1990s: Barry Larkin; and 2000s: Juan Castro.
    Last edited by RedsBaron; 08-21-2007 at 09:52 AM.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Juan Castro is a great representative of the Reds in this decade. Just think of the players who have represented the Reds and all that they stood for through the decades: 1930s: Ernie Lombardi; 1940s: Bucky Walters; 1950s: Ted Kluzewski; 1960s: Frank Robinson; 1970s: Pete Rose & Johnny Bench & Joe Morgan; 1980s: Eric Davis; 1990s: Barry Larkin; and 2000s: Juan Castro.

That post is so true, so accurate.

It also makes my head hurt.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    What, not Sean Estes or Brian Moeller?
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

Turn Off Ads?