Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: So have we seen enough of Dumatrait yet?

Re: Dumatrait Saturday

how did he get re-called? i mean seriously.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ouch, This doesn't look good

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    how did he get re-called? i mean seriously.
    September 1st

his ERA has 4 digits!

Fee free to add to my "Is there no better option than Dumatrait" thread. Obviously there is no better option, or he would not be pitching Saturday.

I wish Phil could get his control problems fixed because hes got the stuff to succeed.

Dumatrait has no stuff whatsoever, that's why he is afraid to throw strikes

Quote Originally Posted by fielder's choice View Post
    Dumatrait has no stuff whatsoever, that's why he is afraid to throw strikes
    Have you watched him pitch? He has pretty darn good stuff just no control of any of the pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    Have you watched him pitch? He has pretty darn good stuff just no control of any of the pitches.
    I think you could say that about my stuff, Reds44's stuff, Amarillo's stuff, and just about any poster on this board. Cripes, I can throw a splitter, curve, and slider...I just haven't got the slightest clue where they'll end up.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    I think you could say that about my stuff, Reds44's stuff, Amarillo's stuff, and just about any poster on this board. Cripes, I can throw a splitter, curve, and slider...I just haven't got the slightest clue where they'll end up.
    He has good movement on his pitches its just about locating them. You guys might be able to throw those pitches but im goin to guess they are going to be at 60 MPH and break 1 inch.

He has a pretty good fastball as well. If he never locates his stuff hes never going to be good but to say that he doesnt have the stuff to be good is just wrong in my opinion.

What puzzles me is when Mackanin said Dumatrait was not ready for the MLB level on August 21st, but we are supposed to believe he has gotten ready in 10 days?

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    What puzzles me is when Mackanin said Dumatrait was not ready for the MLB level on August 21st, but we are supposed to believe he has gotten ready in 10 days?
    Who is left to pitch? We either run santos, gosling, or saarloos out there if its not Dumatrait. Its a crap shoot any ways because more or likely we are going to use 2 or more of those guys on the same day no matter who starts.

Can he be stopped?

Part of the problem is the younger guys, Cuteo and Maloney pitched one or two nights ago, so they are out of the running. And there's no need to trot them out there and let them get beat up, starting psychological issues. Lets just tap the guy who's already gone psycho because of big-league-suck factor.

I hope Cueto, Maloney, etc. will be brought up to at least get some experience. It's been well documented that Smoltz, Glavine and others took their lumps and learned on the job as young MLB pitchers. Why is the Reds organization so reluctant? It's obvious whatever their plan has been in the past hasn't worked. Let's give them a chance. It definitely can't be much worse than what we have been throwing (and recycling) out there lately.

You guys are all brutal! Has everyone forgotten about the game he pitched against the Dodgers. 6 innings, 2 runs, winning the game when he went out. You can't judge him on 3 bad starts - give him a chance to get familiar with the next level. Now is the time to let him get the "bugs out" He can do it, or he wouldn't even be given the chance.

Turn Off Ads?