Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burn Notice

Burn Notice

Anyone else watching USA's Burn Notice?

Bruce Campbell is the shiznit - seriously. Evil Dead series, Brisco County Junior, and now supporting role in this series - the shiznit!

And Gabrielle Anwar - whochemomma, she's hot.

Good show. I highly recommend it
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Burn Notice

Me and MrsK are big fans of it, reminds me a lot of MacGyver
    Go Gators!

Puffy, you're the Ash of Redszone.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Yup! I like it too.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Zoinks!

My wife & I have been enjoying this show. It's a lot of fun.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Good show, but I've noticed that the main guy doesn't seem to be much of an actor. It's either that or the writing is bad at times. I can't tell.

Has anyone seen Bruce Cambell in the Old Spice commericials (playing piano and singing Hungry Like the Wolf)? Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Puffy, you're the Ash of Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post

Has anyone seen Bruce Cambell in the Old Spice commericials (playing piano and singing Hungry Like the Wolf)? Hilarious.

Puffy is like a combination of Ash and Bruce in that commercial. Smooth with the ladies, deadly when necessary.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Anyone else watching USA's Burn Notice?

Bruce Campbell is the shiznit - seriously. Evil Dead series, Brisco County Junior, and now supporting role in this series - the shiznit!

And Gabrielle Anwar - whochemomma, she's hot.

Good show. I highly recommend it
    When I watch the show I only watch for Bruce. He's the best.

I started watching towards the end of season I and got hooked right away.

While Michael is a bit "plastic" it seems that he's showing more and more emotion and less of the "toothy" grin. His facial expressions are getting more...well..expressive. And I think I noticed some inflection in his voice too.

Bruce Campbel as Sam is out of this world funny and of course Fionna isn't too difficult to look at.

But I like the stories. It's good how the weave together the "who burned Michael" storyline with the "adventure of the week" storyline. That keeps the show from being too far towards the spy end of things or the Rockford files side.

Toss in some good humor, explosions, general ass kicking and pretty scenery and you've got a good mix.

A well done show.

Currently watching this weeks' episode. Seriously what did we do before Tivo?

The show is definately my favorite. As with most shows like this, I'm a little nervous on how long they can keep the overall story line going.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

No one can match the guy from CSI : Miami....with wooden and way too cool acting....please...someone ...explain what the deal is with that? Any threads i should check out to figure that acting method out?

Bringing this back from way back.
    Have to say I was a little dissapointed in the season finale last night, as far as evil genius' go, Simon was nowhere near as creepy as Gilroy.

Nice touch at the end though, I'm guessing the summer season is set in Las Vegas which brings Nate into the series a little bit more. Hopefully this doesn't cut out the other big three.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

My wife and I like to watch the SVU marathons. They run the Burn Notice commercials into the ground. My wife says every time they show a commercial and it shows the woman that is supposed to play the girlfriend "why did they get a woman as old and ugly(and I'm not talking Sharon Gless) to be that guys girlfriend"? I haven't seen the show but I have to agree with my wife on that one.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    My wife and I like to watch the SVU marathons. They run the Burn Notice commercials into the ground. My wife says every time they show a commercial and it shows the woman that is supposed to play the girlfriend "why did they get a woman as old and ugly(and I'm not talking Sharon Gless) to be that guys girlfriend"? I haven't seen the show but I have to agree with my wife on that one.
    Old and ugly? Not to turn this into a sure-to-be-closed objectification thread, but I think you and your wife are high. I find Gabrielle Anwar to be stunning (see link to picture in 2009 below). Don't love the show. It has its moments, kind of like eating Combos and drinking slurpees.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2790230016/nm0000270
    Stick to your guns.

Let's just say Gabrielle Anwar looks a little "weathered."

She's appropriate for the part she plays.
    Last edited by brachial pleXUs; 03-13-2010 at 12:08 PM.

Turn Off Ads?