Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumatrait optioned for....

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Dumatrait optioned for....

Prior to tonight's game the Reds selected from Class AAA Louisville the contract of RHP Kirk Saarloos and optioned to Louisville LHP Phil Dumatrait.

Also, RHP Victor Santos, who was designated for assignment on Saturday, cleared waivers and was outrighted to Louisville.

Dumatrait went 0-2, 14.18 in his 4 starts for the Reds.

Santos went 1-4, 5.14 in 32 relief appearances for the Reds.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 08-21-2007 at 03:07 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pitching Move!!! Dumatrait optioned!!!!

Yay?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Re: Dumatrait optioned for....

The wheels on the bus go round and round....
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Prior to tonight's game the Reds selected from Class AAA Louisville the contract of RHP Kirk Saarloos and optioned to Louisville LHP Phil Dumatrait.

Also, RHP Victor Santos, who was designated for assignment on Saturday, cleared waivers and was outrighted to Louisville.

Dumatrait went 0-2, 14.18 in his 4 starts for the Reds.

Santos went 1-4, 5.14 in 32 relief appearances for the Reds.

Maybe Saarloos will be the long guy for the next 4 games till Dumatrait's turn comes up, at which point they'll recall Belisle....?
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post

The wheels on the bus go round and round....

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Maybe Saarloos will be the long guy for the next 4 games till Dumatrait's turn comes up, at which point they'll recall Belisle....?
    Sun-Woo Kim anyone?
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Take out the garbage, bring some more right back in.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

What did everyone expect, Walter Johnson to be resurrected?

I hope they give Sarloos a chance to start--he was crummy out of the 'pen but if I recall correctly, he was doing ok starting this spring and was fighting for the fifth spot. He really can't be much worse than Dumatrait was.

Bats fans cheer?
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    What did everyone expect, Walter Johnson to be resurrected?

I hope they give Sarloos a chance to start--he was crummy out of the 'pen but if I recall correctly, he was doing ok starting this spring and was fighting for the fifth spot. He really can't be much worse than Dumatrait was.
    Garbage is basically all they have. It's just varying the levels of odor.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 15-11
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I actually would've preferred them recalling Belisle (unless the plan is to do that when Phil's rotation spot is up next). Matt isn't very good, but I have more faith in him than Saarloos.

Well, ...what do you do with Dumatrait now? He's gonna be out of options next year. He's never pitched as a reliever. He's had some success at the AA and AAA level, but he's just been brutal at the major league level. I guess you take him off your 40 man roster asap and hope he slips through waivers.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    Well, ...what do you do with Dumatrait now? He's gonna be out of options next year. He's never pitched as a reliever. He's had some success at the AA and AAA level, but he's just been brutal at the major league level. I guess you take him off your 40 man roster asap and hope he slips through waivers.
    I wouldn't worry about Dumatrait. He is redundant with Maloney, Livingston, and, gulp, Gosling.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Turn Off Ads?