Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maloney Promoted to AAA

Maloney Promoted to AAA

Just noticed that Matt Maloney has been added to the Bats roster. I would guess he is highly likely to start tomorrow night in Columbus in one of the DH games. Hope so at least since I will be going.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Maloney Promoted to AAA

That didn't take long...good to see!

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=true&sid=t416

Looks like Ramon Ramirez will be joining him as well. (nm looks like he is already there and I just missed it. Pitched Saturday 2 ip, 2h, 0 ER, 3K, good start!)

Question -- why move Cueto down and then Maloney up? If the idea is for Chatt to make the playoffs, shouldn't they both be at AA? Or, if the playoffs don't matter, shouldn't they both be at AAA?

I guess Cueto is younger and they want him in the AA stretch run. Maybe the Dumatrait thing lit a fire to get Maloney up faster. Whatever.

I wouldnt be suprised to see Maloney up in Cincy by the end of the summer. Philadelphia reportedly had Maloney as the next in line in for a rotation spot. Then again its also possible that this is a spot start and Maloney will be back in Chatt. as Wayne stocks the Lookouts for their playoff run.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Or this could be a spot start until Dumatrait gets back in the rotation...

I guess the 39-3 K/BB ratio in 4 starts was enough for management to see.

Of course, it wasn't the numbers they were looking at but how he physically looked like while pitching.

He'll run into more players that can hit the curve and the change in AAA, and everyone can hit the fastball. Should be interesting to see how he adjusts.

So, should he get about 3 starts in AAA and if he's called up about 3 in the Majors?
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

I think Doog hit it right on the head. He'll take the start Saarloos was probably supposed to take, then head back to AA, with Dumatrait re taking his rightful place.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I would keep Maloney at AAA and have Dumatrait at AA. I would prefer Dumatrait was out of the system, but I suppose I will have to settle for Dumatrait at Louisville.

We should've sold high on Dumatrait, before he got to the majors.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I would keep Maloney at AAA and have Dumatrait at AA. I would prefer Dumatrait was out of the system, but I suppose I will have to settle for Dumatrait at Louisville.
    Why? Because of a few bad starts? That's an awful quick leap off the bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by larks View Post
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=true&sid=t416

Looks like Ramon Ramirez will be joining him as well. (nm looks like he is already there and I just missed it. Pitched Saturday 2 ip, 2h, 0 ER, 3K, good start!)
    I saw Ramon on Sunday, met him after the game and got an auto, seemed like a happy, nice kind of guy, young and stil lexcited by it all, maybe cause it was stil la new promotion for him as well. What can you guys tell me about him, saw his numbers so far, looks good for low sample.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    We should've sold high on Dumatrait, before he got to the majors.
    I think the book on Dumatrait was written well before he got to the majors.

Most, if not everyone, who follows the Reds minor leagues said Dumatrait was going to struggle at the ML level and that is exactly what he did. If everyone here can figure that out, you can bet the people being paid to do this for a living had a notion as well.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Logically, based on statistics, Dumatrait was going to fall on his face. There's something I like about him that I can't quite put my finger on, though. I think that if he meets the right pitching coach, he could be a serviceable starter. I might even go so far as to predict a Bruce Chen-like career (but I won't ).

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Logically, based on statistics, Dumatrait was going to fall on his face. There's something I like about him that I can't quite put my finger on, though. I think that if he meets the right pitching coach, he could be a serviceable starter. I might even go so far as to predict a Bruce Chen-like career (but I won't ).
    Dumatrait has the stuff he just needs to get the control of it. If he never gets the control of a major league pitcher hes going to be quite upset at the end of his career.

Turn Off Ads?