Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Votto and C. Trent Rosecrans

Re: Votto and C. Trent Rosecrans

Cantu at 1B and Votto in LF? I thought Wayne was big on defense?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    Please stop stating your opinions as fact, especially about someone that is liked around here...heck, whether he is liked or not.
    If you think hes fine then great, i for a fact dont think he is fine.

I just dont enjoy sneaky reporters that bash people like Marty, Lance, Doc and others on his blog in comments and play Mr. Nice Guy when given air time.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    i for a fact dont think he is fine.
    That's what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds View Post
    I don't consider Votto to be in competition for the 1B job next year, particularly considering the fact that they have played Votto in LF quite a bit in the last couple of months. The question is, who in the outfield is he projected to replace?
    the only answer to that is Dunn.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

I don't consider Votto to be in competition for the 1B job next year, particularly considering the fact that they have played Votto in LF quite a bit in the last couple of months. The question is, who in the outfield is he projected to replace?
    No one. I think if someone is going to step into the outfield I imagine it has to be Jay Bruce.

Cruisin' for trouble

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    No one. I think if someone is going to step into the outfield I imagine it has to be Jay Bruce.
    Then why has Votto been playing LF?

Becuase the Reds are morons.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Becuase the Reds are morons.
    Nah, they just had to find playing time for Jesse Gutierrez.

Probably some guy who hits overrated homeruns, fails in the clutch, and strikes out too much, even though he usually OPS's around .900 or so.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Votto in LF would be even worse then Dunn, so much for "defense matters" if they do that.

I still cling to the hope they put him in LF to see others at 1st, it's a fading hope though
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Probably some guy who hits overrated homeruns, fails in the clutch, and strikes out too much, even though he usually OPS's around .900 or so.
    I didn't know Marty posted here!

Talkin' Baseball

Actually, listening to the Krivsky interview on 1530 this morning, it sounds like he isn't too high on Votto's D period. Maybe they are trying him in left because they don't think he can play 1st. Might be a last effort to find him a position before shipping him to the AL to DH (hopefully for some pitching).

I'm reading into a comment he made about why Votto isn't up after his hitting stats were quoted and he said something to the effect that "those are offensive numbers and you have to play both sides."

Also, from what I heard in that interview, Wayne wants to see guys perform at a high level for an extended period in the minors before moving them. Many of the promotions this year have been due to shortages or injuries.

I posted the link in the Sundeck, but will put it here too. Worth a listen, starts about 14 minutes into hour 1.

http://www.1530homer.com/cc-common/p...GreggandMo.xml

Quote Originally Posted by JLB5 View Post
    Actually, listening to the Krivsky interview on 1530 this morning, it sounds like he isn't too high on Votto's D period. Maybe they are trying him in left because they don't think he can play 1st. Might be a last effort to find him a position before shipping him to the AL to DH (hopefully for some pitching).

I'm reading into a comment he made about why Votto isn't up after his hitting stats were quoted and he said something to the effect that "those are offensive numbers and you have to play both sides."

Also, from what I heard in that interview, Wayne wants to see guys perform at a high level for an extended period in the minors before moving them. Many of the promotions this year have been due to shortages or injuries.

I posted the link in the Sundeck, but will put it here too. Worth a listen, starts about 14 minutes into hour 1.

http://www.1530homer.com/cc-common/p...GreggandMo.xml
    Hatteberg is pretty darn miserable around the bag himself. Been saying it for two years now. I guess he and Dunn shouldn't be here then??

So, Votto remains in Louisville because of poor defense but Cantu gets a callup? Oh, the irony. Is the front office capable of recognizing good or bad defenders when they see it?

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    Hatteberg is pretty darn miserable around the bag himself. Been saying it for two years now. I guess he and Dunn shouldn't be here then??
    Hatteberg has been pretty solid at 1st base if you ask me. Why do you think he has been miserable?

Turn Off Ads?