Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sabermetrics Forum?

Re: Sabermetrics Forum?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    GIK, as an alterante, is there any way to build a reference library then, perhaps in the archives? A place to store those definitions, articles, etc. which can provide a much more complete backdrop for those more complex sabermetric discusions which do inevitably arise on ORG? For me, the #1 problem is having to address the sample size question 10 times a day, and that response inevitably turning in to a name calling contest. Having a fixed point of reference for such things would (in my estimation) help us get past some of that bickering and on the real points at hand.
    I think that's a good idea whether it in the form on archived posts and/or the FAQ that GIK suggested.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    If someone would like to create a FAQ on the subject, I would have no problem archiving it and listing it on the site.
    Rather than re-inventing the wheel, why not start with this FAQ thread?
    Last edited by Unassisted; 08-29-2007 at 09:31 PM.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    I'm more than a little confused by the outcry against such a forum.

It reminds me of the joke about the little old lady who called the cops to report lewd behavior from her neighbors.

The cop shows up, and she proceeds to tell him how her neighbors are getting it on in plain view.

The cop looks towards their house, and can't see anything.

The little old lady says "Sure you can. Just climb up on the refrigerator and you can see everything through that window as plain as day!!"

So, if you don't like these kind of discussions, don't climb up on the refrigerator to find them. Just avoid the forum, and let the people who find it interesting alone.

I'm in full agreement here.

It's up to Boss and GIK, it doesn't really matter to me.

We can all learn from the ORG forum if we only open our minds and stop clinging to our own misquided or misinformed beliefs.

I've loved the Reds and "The Game" all my life. Thanks to RedsZone and the disscussion of Sabermetrics my love and enjoyment of Baseball and the Reds has grown by leaps and bounds.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 08-30-2007 at 05:26 AM.

If you're going to start a new forum, I'm not sure Sabermetrics would even be in the top-ten most necessary, seeing as how it's not discussed as much as some other topics. I agree with GIK when he says it isn't a necessity, but I think it's not a necessity for different reasons. Keep in mind, also, that I don't think anyone would complain if you paid for a Cincinnati Reds Sabermetrics message board out of your own pocket.

Turn Off Ads?