Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What i notice about Eddie..

What i notice about Eddie..

When you watch him pitch, he looks like he is throwing with a stiff forearm. Like he is afraid to let loose, thinking he might re-injure his arm...This is why his ball stays flat and he has no movement.. cant belive our wonderful pitching coaches and that great bullpen pitching coach HUME doesnt see this.. oh i forget, he is just in the pen to pick up the phone..:thumbdown

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What i notice about Eddie..

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    When you watch him pitch, he looks like he is throwing with a stiff forearm. Like he is afraid to let loose, thinking he might re-injure his arm...This is why his ball stays flat and he has no movement.. cant belive our wonderful pitching coaches and that great bullpen pitching coach HUME doesnt see this.. oh i forget, he is just in the pen to pick up the phone..:thumbdown
    How do you know that they don't see it and are working to correct it?

Or maybe its something that you don't see?
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

When you watch him pitch, he looks like he is throwing with a stiff forearm. Like he is afraid to let loose, thinking he might re-injure his arm...This is why his ball stays flat and he has no movement.. cant belive our wonderful pitching coaches and that great bullpen pitching coach HUME doesnt see this..

Have you ever considered the possibility that you are simply smarter than the Reds management?

Perhaps you are expecting too much from them.

You simply can't expect major leaguers to have your depth of experience and talent.

wow.. sorry for commenting.. all i was wondering if anybody else saw this.. obviously saying anything on redszone is a SIN

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

My reaction to your observation is a bit more gentle, redsfan4445.

Maybe the surgery made Eddie's forearm stiff? If muscles or tendons got shortened, it would be reasonable to expect a loss of flexibility. It could be that Eddie must re-learn how to pitch with some new limitation.
    /r/reds

wow.. sorry for commenting.. all i was wondering if anybody else saw this.. obviously saying anything on redszone is a SIN
    We're all going to hell!
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    How do you know that they don't see it and are working to correct it?

Or maybe its something that you don't see?
    Because it's the Reds!!!

They have no idea what they are doing...haven't you been getting the memo's?
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post
    Because it's the Reds!!!

They have no idea what they are doing...haven't you been getting the memo's?
    Most definitely.

Should they cease, I'll prepare for the end of time.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

Actually, you said this:

When you watch him pitch, he looks like he is throwing with a stiff forearm. Like he is afraid to let loose, thinking he might re-injure his arm...This is why his ball stays flat and he has no movement.. cant belive our wonderful pitching coaches and that great bullpen pitching coach HUME doesnt see this.. oh i forget, he is just in the pen to pick up the phone..
    There is a difference there.

Someone else mentioned he may need to learn how to pitch again. This morning's Enquirer commented about Guardado and the staff has asked if he's experiencing pain. They explored whether he needed to go back on the DL. Mackanin himself suggested that's he's having relearn things.

Personally I think folks reacted to your automatic assumption that the Reds coaching staff didn't have a clue in noticing what you say you're seeing. I think that's premature myself - I don't think there's any question they're trying to figure it out and help Eddie work through it.

He's old, coming off surgery, has a rotator cuff problem that has never been repaired. Washed up is the phrase that comes to mind when I see Eddie.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    He's old, coming off surgery, has a rotator cuff problem that has never been repaired. Washed up is the phrase that comes to mind when I see Eddie.
    Wayne sees a potential late inning reliever apparently.

I was at the game last night, near the field during BP, and I asked Eddie how he was feeling. He said, "I'm getting there," but he had this look on his face that said he really didn't know. I feel bad for the guy, he's a great guy, but I'm afraid he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Wayne sees a potential late inning reliever apparently.
    Wayne seems to see a lot of things that no one else does.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

He's a visionary.

I agree! The potential that Bray, Burton, Hamilton, Phillips, Keppinger, Arroyo....has, when no one else did.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Turn Off Ads?