Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Krivsky interview on 1530

Talkin' Baseball

Krivsky interview on 1530

Worth a listen. Seems he's not too high on Votto's D and Homer is scheduled to start in Sarasota tomorrow. Talks about why guys like Cueto aren't up and some of the moves like Coutlangus going down (said he was walking too many and 1st batter faced reaching base too often).

http://www.1530homer.com/cc-common/p...GreggandMo.xml

About 14 minutes into hour 1.
    Last edited by JLB5; 08-22-2007 at 01:24 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Krivsky interview on 1530

If Krivsky based all the bullpen decisions on WHIP, there wouldn't be anybody to pitch.

I loved that interview. Wayne showed a side we have never seen when talking to the media. Great job from the 1530 guys and Wayne all around.

He had not walked anyone in his last 5 outings

I guess he should be more like Stanton and give up a run scoring double to the 1st batter more often

precisely

Senor Votto

Wayne was getting p-oed during that interview

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Wayne was getting p-oed during that interview
    I loved that. He was very quick to correct Gregg Doyel on points he didnt agree with.

I found the interview to be very entertaining. I thought Wayne came across as a little surly, almost like he was getting angry during the interview. My favorite part was when Doyel said something to the effect of Kepp hitting .600 if he had just stayed in the minors a little longer (obviously ribbing Krivsky for not bringing him up sooner) and Wayne just said point blank "No, you're wrong." Good radio right there!

I think Wayne did a great job answering the questions with out being flat out totally open with the answers. He cant just come out and say "well in September we are bringing up these guys". He answered the questions the best he could with out saying too much.

I'm surprised that Wayne could keep up with the interviewers... they were jumping all over the place and talking a million miles per hour! I was very impressed with Wayne's poise.

hahahahaha Wayne was getting fired up. It was good to see him actually have him answer some questions.

Wayne talked about Cueto "struggling" in AAA and it's why the sent him back down to AA combined with the fact they were no longer overloaded. If you look at Homer's numbers (outside of his ERA) he by no means earned his pomotion to MLB, but he was promoted anyway.

He talked about how Coutlangus walked people. Yeah he walks people, but like Doyle said Stanton doesn't walk people and he gets shelled. I'll take guys that walk people but get people out, over those who don't get people out.

Basically he said the reason Votto and Bruce aren't up here is because you can only have 25 guys on a roster. Now Bruce is more difficult then Votto because there's no room in the outfield and IMO Bruce shouldn't be up here, but Hatteberg has an option at the end of the year. Don't you think Votto should be up here and playing (at least vs. RHP) everyday so we can see if we need to pick up Hatteberg's option?

I do like how he said how the veteran guys are just stop gaps for our prospects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Don't you think Votto should be up here and playing (at least vs. RHP) everyday so we can see if we need to pick up Hatteberg's option?
    Personally, yes, yes I do. However, while listening to the interview I was reminded that while ultimately Krivsky is the man making the final decision on player movements, it really is a team effort. There are all kinds of scouts and player development guys that WK consults, and these guys have been doing this for a living for decades. While we all see the numbers and yell "Bring him up!", there are professionals evaluating him on a daily basis, seeing things we don't get to see, analyzing things us fans don't really think about. If Wayne and his player devlopment people (for lack of a better term) deem Votto and others not ready, perhaps they should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Personally, yes, yes I do. However, while listening to the interview I was reminded that while ultimately Krivsky is the man making the final decision on player movements, it really is a team effort. There are all kinds of scouts and player development guys that WK consults, and these guys have been doing this for a living for decades. While we all see the numbers and yell "Bring him up!", there are professionals evaluating him on a daily basis, seeing things we don't get to see, analyzing things us fans don't really think about. If Wayne and his player devlopment people (for lack of a better term) deem Votto and others not ready, perhaps they should be given the benefit of the doubt.
    And don't you think guys like Salmon and Coutlangus and maybe to a lesser extent McBeth should be here instead of Stanton, Saarloos, and Guardado? We know Salmon and Coutlangus are better then those guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

And don't you think guys like Salmon and Coutlangus and maybe to a lesser extent McBeth should be here instead of Stanton, Saarloos, and Guardado?
    Indeed I do. It's unfortunate that sometimes it comes down to an options game, and the fact that Salmon, Coutlangus, McBeth etc. aren't signed to multi-million dollar contracts.
    Last edited by Screwball; 08-22-2007 at 03:47 PM.

thorn

And don't you think guys like Salmon and Coutlangus and maybe to a lesser extent McBeth should be here instead of Stanton, Saarloos, and Guardado? We know Salmon and Coutlangus are better then those guys.
    I am sure Wayne knows they are better, but maybe he doesn't want "Better". Maybe he wants them to develope more and not just be better, but good when they are here. Maybe he's afraid of hurting their development into good pitchers just so they can be better than what we currently have. We are not going anywhere this season regardless, so why not let them develope more and work on their game before they come up. Just a thought.

Turn Off Ads?