Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Special K on the Radio

Special K on the Radio

JLB5 posted this on the Sundeck board...

Worth a listen. Seems he's not too high on Votto's D and Homer is scheduled to start in Sarasota tomorrow. Talks about why guys like Cueto aren't up and some of the moves like Coutlangus going down (said he was walking too many and 1st batter faced reaching base too often).

http://www.1530homer.com/cc-common/p...GreggandMo.xml
    I can tell you that I would never ever want to be in an ally fight with Special K...dude doesn't hesitate to take the bull by the horn.
    Last edited by MartyFan; 08-22-2007 at 02:09 PM.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Special K on the Radio

These shock jocks do nothing for me. I'd be surly with them, too. But, points of interest....

Krivsky really likes Guardado. I would not be surprised to see him back next year, even at 3+MM.

Krivsky likes Mackanin a lot -- really praised his handling of the blowout Monday vs Atlanta.

He likes Bruce a lot -- forecasts a "great career."

The rest was pretty much by the book -- won't rush prospects, vets help buy time for prospects, won't commit to anything vis-a-vis 2008 (re: Keppinger).
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Kudos to the shock jocks for asking why the Reds are wasting time with some riff raff instead of seeing what a guy like Votto can do though. Most lob in softballs and while this isn't hard hitting journalism, its pretty good for sports interviews considering the subject matter.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

I think that was the best interview that any 1530 homer guy has done in a long long time. Whether you like Doyle or not he didn't kiss up to the guests like a lot of host do and asked him some tough questions. He basically asked him the questions that all of us on RZ wanted to have answers to.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Krivsky's snippy.

God fordbid his moves get questioned when his team is in the mess that he's put it in.

I like the Votto and Bruce answer "there's only room for 25 guys until September."

Ok...Belhorn, gone....Votto up. Ellison down, Bruce..up. I'm a damn genius.

Tell Hatte his role will be limited the rest of the season so they can get a look at Votto and Cantu (if they must..plus he doesn't have to play first, he can fill in for other guys if they need a rest). Tell Dunn and Junior their role's will be limited so they can give Bruce a look. Griffey sits 2-3days...same with Dunn...Bruce plays 5 days a week.

Wow...that was tough.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 08-22-2007 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Krivsky really likes Guardado. I would not be surprised to see him back next year, even at 3+MM.
    That's just sad.

On the brink of disaster acredsfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Krivsky's snippy.

God fordbid his moves get questioned when his team is in the mess that he's put it in.

I like the Votto and Bruce answer "there's only room for 25 guys until September."

Tell Hatte his role will be limited the rest of the season so they can get a look at Votto and Cantu (if they must..plus he doesn't have to play first, he can fill in for other guys if they need a rest). Tell Dunn and Junior their role's will be limited so they can give Bruce a look. Griffey sits 2-3days...same with Dunn...Bruce plays 5 days a week.

Wow...that was tough.
    I agree with what you say except for sitting Griffey. He is on his way to 600 and it just wouldn't be right to sit a guy that is that close to a milestone. Let him play everyday until he reaches the mark, then he can sit if needed. I know it's a sentimental thing, but when it comes to milestones like that, you don't mess with a guy. Dunn is also potentially in a contract year, sitting him would be unfair to him if you aren't going to pick up his option. Same goes for Hatteburg. Even though I agree we need to see these younger players, it's harder to do than it would seem. Yeah, baseball is a business, but things like this have to be taken into consideration.
    "I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." -- House

"You guys are still thinking like doctors when you should be thinking like plumbers. Come on, I wanna see some butt crack." -- House

Quote Originally Posted by acredsfan View Post
    I agree with what you say except for sitting Griffey. He is on his way to 600 and it just wouldn't be right to sit a guy that is that close to a milestone. Let him play everyday until he reaches the mark, then he can sit if needed. I know it's a sentimental thing, but when it comes to milestones like that, you don't mess with a guy. Dunn is also potentially in a contract year, sitting him would be unfair to him if you aren't going to pick up his option. Same goes for Hatteburg. Even though I agree we need to see these younger players, it's harder to do than it would seem. Yeah, baseball is a business, but things like this have to be taken into consideration.
    Maybe Griffey sits twice a week (which may not be a bad thing for him)....I don't think Dunn sitting a bit more in the last month and a half is going to hurt him...team's know what he's done this season, and know what kind of player he is....or decide on that option NOW and tell him the situation. Quit toying around and start looking toward 2008....there's nothing left to play for in 2007. It'd be nice to go into the offseason having an idea of who you have, who is ready, and who is expendable.

Hatteberg...you either pick up his option or you don't. If you bring Votto up to give him a look, and decide he's not ready, you pick up Hatteberg's option....if Votto comes up and you get enough of a look, and decide he's ready to go, then you can let Hatteberg walk, or pick up the option anyway and make him a resevere/bench player.

I'd rather know (or at least have an idea) in Votto before deciding on Hatteberg one way or another. I would AT LEAST like to know that....if they want to wait on Bruce, I can understand that given their current outfield situation...and the fact that he is only 20. AT LEAST see what Votto can do if nothing else. They owe it to him, and the organization.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 08-22-2007 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    That's just sad.
    That and the guarantee of Stanton in the pen next season is depressing
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    That and the guarantee of Stanton in the pen next season is depressing
    Every contender needs a couple of veteran lefties in the pen...

I'd rather have guys who can get opposting batters out on a consistant basis.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 08-22-2007 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Krivsky's snippy.

Wow...that was tough.
    That's crazy talk! We're in the middle of a race! We now have Eddie and Bray back! We're contenders!

I love when they come in and give up a 4 spot, that's learning how to lose right there
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I love when they come in and give up a 4 spot, that's learning how to lose right there
    It teaches the youngsters how to handle adversity.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post

Krivsky likes Mackanin a lot -- really praised his handling of the blowout Monday vs Atlanta.

Wayne is really tuned in to managing losses.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Turn Off Ads?