Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: Gonzo's back...Belhorn's out

  1. #1
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,510

    Gonzo's back...Belhorn's out

    Today the Reds reinstated from the bereavement list SS Alex Gonzalez and outrighted to Louisville IF Mark Bellhorn.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member smith288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Albany, OH
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Gonzo's back...Belhorn's out

    Why cant we just DFA Bellhorn?

  4. #3
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,510

    Re: Gonzo's back...Belhorn's out

    Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    Why cant we just DFA Bellhorn?
    His .100 BA is huge.

  5. #4
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Gonzo's back...Belhorn's out

    Rather than keep bringing Gonzo back and forth, how 'bout just letting him have the rest of the season to deal with his son and the team will go on w/o him for the rest of 2007?

  6. #5
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,670

    Re: Gonzo's back...Belhorn's out

    I guess they are letting him call the shots on it.
    Go Gators!

  7. #6
    This one's for you Edd Heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dayton Area
    Posts
    8,471

    Re: Gonzo's back...Belhorn's out

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    His .100 BA is huge.
    Only in Bizzaro Baseball World. Bellhorn would be MVP.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

  8. #7
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    13,449

    Re: Gonzo's back...Belhorn's out

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Rather than keep bringing Gonzo back and forth, how 'bout just letting him have the rest of the season to deal with his son and the team will go on w/o him for the rest of 2007?
    While I agree with the notion from a sentimental standpoint, that would make Keppinger the starter and Bellhorn the main backup at SS. That'd be a nightmare if Kepp was out of the lineup for some reason.
    /r/reds

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    10,673

    Re: Gonzo's back...Belhorn's out

    Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    Why cant we just DFA Bellhorn?

    "DFA" means designated for assignment. It does not mean release. Often, players are sent to the minors after being DFA'ed.

  10. #9
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Gonzo's back...Belhorn's out

    Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    While I agree with the notion from a sentimental standpoint, that would make Keppinger the starter and Bellhorn the main backup at SS. That'd be a nightmare if Kepp was out of the lineup for some reason.
    You're looking at it from the Reds perspective and they're not in any pennant race. As a Reds fan I'm willing to stomach Bellhorn while giving Gonzo and his family "a break."

  11. #10
    This one's for you Edd Heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dayton Area
    Posts
    8,471

    Re: Gonzo's back...Belhorn's out

    I have a feeling that Keppinger is getting some starts at 3rd.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

  12. #11
    My clutch is broken RichRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,872

    Re: Gonzo's back...Belhorn's out

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Rather than keep bringing Gonzo back and forth, how 'bout just letting him have the rest of the season to deal with his son and the team will go on w/o him for the rest of 2007?
    We've got a division to win!
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

  13. #12
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,670

    Re: Gonzo's back...Belhorn's out

    Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    We've got a division to win!
    82-80 here we come
    Go Gators!

  14. #13
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,510

    Re: Gonzo's back...Belhorn's out

    Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I have a feeling that Keppinger is getting some starts at 3rd.
    Probably. Ideally, the Reds should have told Gonzo to take the next 6 weeks off to be with the family....that way Edwin and Keppinger can get a look. Edwin has started to come around a bit, although, I don't think he should play over Keppinger right now, if it comes down to it.

    I like Gonzo, but he's already here next season...contractually.

  15. #14
    Member Strikes Out Looking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,457

    Re: Gonzo's back...Belhorn's out

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Probably. Ideally, the Reds should have told Gonzo to take the next 6 weeks off to be with the family....that way Edwin and Keppinger can get a look. Edwin has started to come around a bit, although, I don't think he should play over Keppinger right now, if it comes down to it.

    I like Gonzo, but he's already here next season...contractually.
    They may have told him that, but he may want to play. Many times when someone is going through something like he is, it is helpful to try to do as much of your normal life as possible.

    As to Keppinger, we'll I'll let you guys (and WK) sort out where he plays in '08.

  16. #15
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,510

    Re: Gonzo's back...Belhorn's out

    Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    They may have told him that, but he may want to play. Many times when someone is going through something like he is, it is helpful to try to do as much of your normal life as possible.
    That could be, also...touchy situation, no doubt.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25