Turn Off Ads?

Thread: US v Sweden Match

US v Sweden Match

The US is about to drop another match on European soil. Just a couple of my thoughts on the game. The US CANNOT finish at all. They had numerous chances and never really came close to finishing. Also Michael Bradley has no business playing at this level right now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: US v Sweden Match

Don't tell his daddy that.

Must be nice to have a dad who is USMNT coach.

Sorry, there's not enough rolleyes on the internet to express how much I detest nepotism, especially on my beloved USMNT.

If this were England, it would be front page news every day... over here, our national soccer press--haha--is clueless.

That's one of the biggest things holding our national team back, IMO. Not nearly enough media scrutiny on our National team manager as well as those in charge of making the decisions that shape the future of our National Team at all levels.

I'm all for scrutiny and Michael Bradley is certainly worthy of criticism. But it's a little disingenuous to presume there is no other possible reason for him playing other than nepotism.
    After all he was in the national team player pool long before his dad was hired, and he's still one of the relatively few players on a European club's roster.

All that said Nepotism certainly has to be looked at. I just thought it was worthy of one maybe two eye rolls. The third one was way too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I'm all for scrutiny and Michael Bradley is certainly worthy of criticism. But it's a little disingenuous to presume there is no other possible reason for him playing other than nepotism.
    After all he was in the national team player pool long before his dad was hired, and he's still one of the relatively few players on a European club's roster.

All that said Nepotism certainly has to be looked at. I just thought it was worthy of one maybe two eye rolls. The third one was way too much.
    Haha, you're prolly right.

Ricardo Clarke has really gotten the shaft b/c of the Michael Bradley love-fest, IMO.

Glad we could fly Jonathan Bornstein over for that friendly.

Bradley just continues to REALLY underwhelm me.

4th loss in a row... first time since 1997. And Brazil is next.

The number of losses in a row really doesn't bother me. They're playing good teams on opponents soil and are still working things out. That's all well and good.

What they really need is another forward who can play with some speed so landy cakes doesn't need to keep playing there.

Could Altidore be the answer? Or is he too young?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Not having flowing Adu and Altidore in for this match is one my biggest problems with Coach Bradley.

The losses in and of themselves don't necessarily bother me either.

It's the decisions that Bradley is making that really perturb me.

Turn Off Ads?