Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jared Burton Live on Friday

Jared Burton Live on Friday

Hey all,

Catching up with JB again on my show here in Clemson (he is from just a few miles up the road).

He is scheduled to be on at 11:06 a.m. Catch it live at www.wccpfm.com. I'll also post a link to the archived version later on.

Interestingly enough, how's this for a mini-version of Jim Rome's Jungle Karma? Since I interviewed Jared on the field in Atlanta on July 16, he is:

3-0 in 18 appearances with a 1.80 ERA, 18 K and 9 BB (just 5 this month) in 20 innings work. He's only been scored on in three of those outings, for a total of four earned runs.

That's the answer, boys and girls. Line 'em up, I interview 'em, and we're off to the World Series in 2008.

Oh, if only it were that easy...
    Dan Scott, Program Director
    Host of Cruise Control
    The Drive, 104.9 FM
    Clemson, SC
    www.danscottshow.com
    ------------------------------------------------
    I'm always serious. And stop calling me Shirley...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jared Burton Live on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by writerdan33 View Post
    Hey all,

Catching up with JB again on my show here in Clemson (he is from just a few miles up the road).

He is scheduled to be on at 11:06 a.m. Catch it live at www.wccpfm.com. I'll also post a link to the archived version later on.

Interestingly enough, how's this for a mini-version of Jim Rome's Jungle Karma? Since I interviewed Jared on the field in Atlanta on July 16, he is:

3-0 in 18 appearances with a 1.80 ERA, 18 K and 9 BB (just 5 this month) in 20 innings work. He's only been scored on in three of those outings, for a total of four earned runs.

That's the answer, boys and girls. Line 'em up, I interview 'em, and we're off to the World Series in 2008.

Oh, if only it were that easy...
    Can you interview some starting pitchers next? We could use a couple more good starters.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Hi Dan.. Please ask Jared a couple of questions for me?

Since Pete has taken over the team, how has the bullpens approach changed among the guys in the pen? Is there a a better sense Pete knows what he is doing over Jerry Narrons past approach to handling the pen and there is a much better eagerness to not just pitch in games, but to go out and have a attitude that each guy now knows what needs to get accomplished when called upon???

thanks Dan!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    Hi Dan.. Please ask Jared a couple of questions for me?

Since Pete has taken over the team, how has the bullpens approach changed among the guys in the pen? Is there a a better sense Pete knows what he is doing over Jerry Narrons past approach to handling the pen and there is a much better eagerness to not just pitch in games, but to go out and have a attitude that each guy now knows what needs to get accomplished when called upon???

thanks Dan!

To expand on that, I'd like to know if they feel they're not getting up and down so many times to warm up as they used to under Narron.

It's just my impression, maybe. But it seems to me that we're doing a lot better in that regard.

A lot of it goes with winning, but you can wear out a guy with the up and down warmups in the pen and it never shows as innings pitched.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Turn Off Ads?