Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belise to Start Saturday

Belise to Start Saturday

Per Trent

Saarloos down?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

Re: Belise to Start Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Per Trent

Saarloos down?
    Oh well, better than Dumatrait I guess

Guardado to DL?

Is Eddie on DL or you just think he might go on?

got alil captain in u?

oh happy day belisle again that makes the game less watchable.will they ever learn he is a bullpenner and not a stater. the more teams see of him the worse they get.

Quote Originally Posted by BEETTLEBUG View Post
    Is Eddie on DL or you just think he might go on?
    Eddie's not on it now. I think he might go. I guess thats what he meant.

Senor Votto

It's Belisle

It's Belisle

The Reds announced Matt Belisle will start Saturday. No work on the corresponding move, which doesn't have to be made until Saturday.

Re: It's Belisle

i'll be there...figured it would be him....most games i've been to have Belisle or Lohse
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Brennemania runs wild on you!!

Re: It's Belisle

Nothing screams, "Come out the park for Davey Conception Night" like announcing Matt Belisle will be the starting pitcher

He already has pitched 135 innings, which is a career high. I am not sure how many more he can throw this year and be effective. Still, I realize he hasn't exactly been consistant this year.

i'd really like to see him given a shot in the bullpen, but ive seen enough of him out of the starting rotation.

part of BBN

Belisle,Livingston,EZ,are all about the same. Dumatrait was another category all together.

Call me crazy, but I'm glad that Belisle is getting another shot. He hasn't been great this year, but he has been a little unlucky this year. His ERA may be 5.40, but his DIPS ERA is 4.58, mostly due to his .337 BABIP. So far, he has only walked 2.13/9, and unlike Livingston, Ramirez and Dumatrait, actually has some ability to miss bats at the major league level, as his 6.07 K/9 indicates. While he has given up 1.33 HR/9, a very high number, his HR/FB is 12.8%, which is a little unlucky (although this could be attributed to playing in Great American).

Look, I'm not saying he is great, I'm just saying that he has a better chance of becoming a decent long term middle of the rotation starter than some of the other dreck sent to the mound this season.

belay that Belisle...
    L.A. manager Grady Little had a bad feeling about Wednesday's game when he saw Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walking in after Harang's warmup.

"I saw two big men," Little said. "Either could have shut us out tonight."

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Bruce View Post
    Call me crazy, but I'm glad that Belisle is getting another shot. He hasn't been great this year, but he has been a little unlucky this year. His ERA may be 5.40, but his DIPS ERA is 4.58, mostly due to his .337 BABIP. So far, he has only walked 2.13/9, and unlike Livingston, Ramirez and Dumatrait, actually has some ability to miss bats at the major league level, as his 6.07 K/9 indicates. While he has given up 1.33 HR/9, a very high number, his HR/FB is 12.8%, which is a little unlucky (although this could be attributed to playing in Great American).

Look, I'm not saying he is great, I'm just saying that he has a better chance of becoming a decent long term middle of the rotation starter than some of the other dreck sent to the mound this season.
    I agree.

Turn Off Ads?