Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone live in downtown Cincinnati?

Anyone live in downtown Cincinnati?

I was just recently offered a job downtown and begin working on Monday. I am in the process of finding an apartment downtown. I was just curious if anyone had any recommendations from personal experience.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Porkchop Sandwiches

Re: Anyone live in downtown Cincinnati?

What part of downtown are you working in? How much you looking to spend?

I had a friend who lived in the 4th and Plum apts and loved it, and it cost her about 700 a month.

I will be working in the Scripps building. I took a look at the 4th and Plum apartments yesterday. They were decent. Someone is moving out of the one I liked the most at the moment so the leasing agent is going to call me after they reassess and come up with a price. I wasn't a big fan of the kitchens in them, though.

I am looking to spend up to about $800/month or so. Depending on how much I like something I would be willing to go over that a little.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I will be working in the Scripps building. I took a look at the 4th and Plum apartments yesterday. They were decent. Someone is moving out of the one I liked the most at the moment so the leasing agent is going to call me after they reassess and come up with a price. I wasn't a big fan of the kitchens in them, though.

I am looking to spend up to about $800/month or so. Depending on how much I like something I would be willing to go over that a little.
    The Lytle Place Apts. are VERY nice, but pricey and far away from downtown, but right on the park and the river.

I have heard good things about the St. Xavier Apts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo View Post
    The Lytle Place Apts. are VERY nice, but pricey and far away from downtown, but right on the park and the river.

I have heard good things about the St. Xavier Apts as well.
    Yeah, I called One Lytle Place and the cheapest 1BR they had was un-renovated and facing the city and it was $1005/month.

I haven't heard of St. Xavier Apts but I will check them out.

Warning about 4th and Plum - thin walls, lots of noise, lame, dirty workout room last I saw. If you can put up with that - they're fun (nice pool area on the roof and I eat lunch regularly at their store downstairs since I work a block away).

You'll have to drive across the river for groceries.

I am going to take a look at the Renaissance and then the 4 Towne Property places (Groton, Grammercy, Shillito, Greenwich) tomorrow. They all seem pretty nice.

Do people really live in downtown Cincy? Wow, I can't imagine that, because it's like a ghost-town on Sunday's and really not much other than the ballparks and maybe a couple of bars at night from what I've seen.

Doesn't seem like a residential type of area, but I'm from out of town, what do I know

I am mainly looking downtown so I can walk to work. My truck only gets 16 mpg and I absolutely hate sitting in traffic.

I've heard quite a few of the Reds actually live over in Covington right across the suspension bridge, just another option to look at
    Go Gators!

Porkchop Sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    Do people really live in downtown Cincy? Wow, I can't imagine that, because it's like a ghost-town on Sunday's and really not much other than the ballparks and maybe a couple of bars at night from what I've seen.

Doesn't seem like a residential type of area, but I'm from out of town, what do I know
    Surprisingly, Downtown Cincinnati's population has been growing for the past 5-7 years. It is starting to take off with all the new condo developments, high rise conversions, and renovation of Over-the-Rhine. To one from Chicago it may not seem like much, but to many who saw what it was before, it is definiely moving in the right direction.

And downtown's nightlife has taken a recent turn for the better with the resurgence of 6th and 7th streets. When were you there last?

Porkchop Sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I've heard quite a few of the Reds actually live over in Covington right across the suspension bridge, just another option to look at
    Yeah, unfortunately the best view of Cincinnati is in KY.

Covington has done a great job of building up Mainstrasse and the little restaurant ditrict at the Roebling, making it a very attractive neighborhood right now.

Still, no one can deny that Cincinnati's potential far outshines that of Newport and Covington combined.

Justin, let me know what you find, I am planning on moving downtown too. Right now, the debate is buying and fixing up a building in OTR, or renting for a couple years and then buying a house when it is family time.
    Last edited by DoogMinAmo; 08-24-2007 at 04:45 PM.

No offense taken.

I have narrowed down my search to The Renaissance and The Gramercy. This is a tough decision, though. Both have their positives and negatives.

Covington has done a great job of building up Mainstrasse and the little restaurant ditrict at the Roebling, making it a very attractive neighborhood right now.

Still, no one can deny that Cincinnati's potential far outshines that of Newport and Covington combined.

Justin, let me know what you find, I am planning on moving downtown too. Right now, the debate is buying and fixing up a building in OTR, or renting for a couple years and then buying a house when it is family time.
    Buy the Lyric Piano Company!!!

Justin, I'm probably too late here, but if you still want options I'd check on West Fourth street, way over near the highway. A lot of those buildings have been converted to apartment (not condo) buildings. There are a couple of fun bars on Fourth west of Plum so it's not too dead either, and the apartments have a lot of style -- exposed brick, unique woodwork -- at a pretty reasonable price. Let me know if you're interested and I can pm you realtor names and so on.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?