Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who do you want to call up in September?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Homer Bailey

44 50.57%
  • Todd Coffey

28 32.18%
  • Jon Coutlangas

65 74.71%
  • Marcus McBeth

67 77.01%
  • Brad Salmon

56 64.37%
  • Alexander Smit

3 3.45%
  • Pedro Lopez

12 13.79%
  • Chris Dickerson

27 31.03%
  • Phil Dumatrait-Not very likely

5 5.75%
  • Jay Bruce-Not on 40, but still an option

29 33.33%
  • Joey Votto

79 90.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would you call up in September?

Re: Who would you call up in September?

Everyone except for Bruce, Dumatrait and Smit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

An update from the poll. Coutlangas was called up prior to the expansion, and he got 43 of the 54 votes so far for a 79.63% vote. Homer Bailey-31 votes, 57.41%, Todd Coffey 17 votes, 31.48%, Marcus McBeth 41 votes 75.93%, Brad Salmon 33 votes 61.11%, Alexander Smit 2 votes, 3.70%, Pedro Lopez 8 votes, 14.81%, Chris Dickerson 21 votes 38.89%, Jay Bruce 18 votes 33.33%, Joey Votto the winner so far: 50 of the 54 votes for 92.59%. There was 1 vote for Dumatrait.

everyone except Coffey, Bailey, and Dumatrait. The reason behind the first two are let Bailey rest his groin he won't do Cincy any good if he's up here trying to throw hurt. Coffey let him go home work on some stuff and see if an offseason could help him find what we think he has and come to ST ready to help in the pen. Dumatrait I dunno...

As for Bruce its simple... Either A) Move Lopez to 60 day DL if he isnt going to play this year or B) Wave Bellhorn.
    Last edited by Slyder; 08-30-2007 at 07:17 AM.

It's official. Dumatrait and his 14.18 ERA will make the start Saturday.I suppose this will make him a September call-up. The Apocalypse can now begin.

Senor Votto

Why not bring up guys like McBeth and just have a bullpen day Saturday

I imagine we will call up a lot of bullpen help, and even Votto might be called up.

Why is this poll open until September 30th? It should have been for like September 5th or something like that. The time frame on this poll makes zero sense.

My mistake. I should have shortened the time frame, but it was late at night when I created the poll. I would change the settings on the poll, but you cannot alter a poll's settings after you create the poll. I will know better next year when I create the 2008 version of this poll.
    Last edited by AmarilloRed; 08-31-2007 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Explanation for the time frame

One last post before September 1st. The Reds have said they are inclined to call up Marcus McBeth. Here are the poll results with 81 voters participating: Homer Bailey 41 votes-50.62%, Todd Coffey 26 votes-32.1%, Jon Coutlangas 60 votes-74.07%, Marcus McBeth 62 votes-76.54%, Brad Salmon 54 votes-66.67%, Alexander Smit 3 votes, 3.70%, Pedro Lopez 10 votes 12.35%, Chris Dickerson 26 votes-32.10%, Phil Dumatrait 4 votes-4.94%, Jay Bruce 27 votes 33.33%, Joey Votto 73 votes-90.12%

From Fay
    Wayne Krivsky said the Reds will call up more players Tuesday. The rosters expanded Saturday, but Triple-A Louisville's season ends Monday.

Krivsky wouldn't say who would get the call.

"We've got to tell the players first," he said.

Marcus McBeth got the callup Saturday because the Reds needed a right-hander in the bullpen. On Tuesday, I think you'll see pitchers who have been with the Reds earlier -- Todd Coffey, Brad Salmon, Kirk Saarloos -- plus Joey Votto and Ryan Jorgensen. I wouldn't be stunned one way or the other with Jay Bruce.

Depending on how Phil Dumatrait does tonight, I think Johnny Cueto or Matt Maloney could get a callup. If Dumatrait has another short outing, they can't continue to run him out there. Or at least I think they can't.

Homer Bailey will not be in the group called up Tuesday. He's going to pitch for Sarasota in the playoffs. "He's tweaking things," Krivsky said, "all with the idea of getting more consistent."
    It does seem like Bruce might get a call. I didnt think it was a possiblity earlier but with the lizard king getting removed from the 40 man it seems like it could happen.

I would call up everybody but Smit. I love the potential of Jay Bruce, and this minor league system in general. Go Reds!!!

Id like to see Jay Bruce up here and it would definitely help us figure out the outfield situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    Id like to see Jay Bruce up here and it would definitely help us figure out the outfield situation.
    Agreed. If he proves he can hit MLB pitching it would give the Reds something to go on into the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Agreed. If he proves he can hit MLB pitching it would give the Reds something to go on into the offseason.
    Yea it changes the whole thinking going into this offseason.

I would love to see Dickerson up here in September too. I don't know what his future is with the Reds. His defense is invaluable in late game situations. I just think his bat will keep him from ever being a regular starter.

Turn Off Ads?