Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who do you want to call up in September?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Homer Bailey

44 50.57%
  • Todd Coffey

28 32.18%
  • Jon Coutlangas

65 74.71%
  • Marcus McBeth

67 77.01%
  • Brad Salmon

56 64.37%
  • Alexander Smit

3 3.45%
  • Pedro Lopez

12 13.79%
  • Chris Dickerson

27 31.03%
  • Phil Dumatrait-Not very likely

5 5.75%
  • Jay Bruce-Not on 40, but still an option

29 33.33%
  • Joey Votto

79 90.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who would you call up in September?

Re: Who would you call up in September?

I dont really see a dickerson ever having a future on the reds. He could be some trade bait though if something was to come up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    I dont really see a dickerson ever having a future on the reds. He could be some trade bait though if something was to come up.
    I hope we can get something for him. You are right. His future here is basically non existant.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I hope we can get something for him. You are right. His future here is basically non existant.
    Not so much something for just him but I could see him being a piece of a trade some where down the line.

Senor Votto

From John Faye

Wayne Krivsky said the Reds will call up more players Tuesday. The rosters expanded Saturday, but Triple-A Louisville's season ends Monday.

Krivsky wouldn't say who would get the call.

"We've got to tell the players first," he said.

Marcus McBeth got the callup Saturday because the Reds needed a right-hander in the bullpen. On Tuesday, I think you'll see pitchers who have been with the Reds earlier -- Todd Coffey, Brad Salmon, Kirk Saarloos -- plus Joey Votto and Ryan Jorgensen. I wouldn't be stunned one way or the other with Jay Bruce.

Depending on how Phil Dumatrait does tonight, I think Johnny Cueto or Matt Maloney could get a callup. If Dumatrait has another short outing, they can't continue to run him out there. Or at least I think they can't.

Homer Bailey will not be in the group called up Tuesday. He's going to pitch for Sarasota in the playoffs. "He's tweaking things," Krivsky said, "all with the idea of getting more consistent."

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    From John Faye

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

I'm just a little surprised that Phil Dumatrait has 0 votes in your poll, AmarilloRed. I think Dumatrait was very nervous on the mound last time and the overall results were there for all to see. Get the kid over his stage fright and I hope we still have a quality starting pitcher in Phil Dumatrait. Let's hope the Reds send him to the Arizona Fall League and have this guy ready to make a positive impact on the Reds in 2008! I realize he could go either way: Boom or Bust.

I'm anxious to see what Wayne Krivsky can do to improve the Reds for next year. But back to the question at hand, I haven't checked too well yet but I have seen that Marcus McBeth along with Phil Dumatrait were the latest players to be brought up. Hope more additions have been made already, or soon to be made, by the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post
    I'm just a little surprised that Phil Dumatrait has 0 votes in your poll, AmarilloRed. I think Dumatrait was very nervous on the mound last time and the overall results were there for all to see. Get the kid over his stage fright and I hope we still have a quality starting pitcher in Phil Dumatrait. Let's hope the Reds send him to the Arizona Fall League and have this guy ready to make a positive impact on the Reds in 2008! I realize he could go either way: Boom or Bust.

I'm anxious to see what Wayne Krivsky can do to improve the Reds for next year. But back to the question at hand, I haven't checked too well yet but I have seen that Marcus McBeth along with Phil Dumatrait were the latest players to be brought up. Hope more additions have been made already, or soon to be made, by the Reds.
    Phil Dumatrait had 4 out of 85 votes. There were some people who did vote for him. I would expect more changes to come on Monday or Tuesday.

We now know who will be coming up. Joey Votto, Brad Salmon, Todd Coffey, Kirk Saarloos, and Ryan Hanigan will join the Reds in a couple of days.

Turn Off Ads?