Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free agents

Re: Free agents

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post

If anybody still thinks it might be a good idea to ditch Adam Dunn so we can spend his money on these chumps, you might want to reconsider.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

How about Aaron Rowand?

*Trade Votto for pitching
    *Dunn to 1st
    *Griffey / Rowand / Hamilton in the outfield

Radical!
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    How about Aaron Rowand?

*Dunn to 1st

Radical!
    I like Rowand; his gritty, hard-nosed style of play would be a big hit here in Cincinnati. He's RH'd, which is helpful with all the LH hitters we currently have.

How did Votto go from champ to chump so quickly? He was all that until I read on CTrent's blog that Kriv and the FO think he will be a AAAA player. That's the only place I've read that, and it's spread like wildfire, that's for sure. I'm not against trading anyone, and I'd rather trade Votto than lose Dunn, that's for sure. In the end, I'd be OK with a Votto trade for some good, young pitching.

Can Dunn play 1B? O'B was going to groom him for that, and then Castellini bought the team, fired Dan O'B, brought on Kriv, who signed Dunn to the contract and then brought Hatty in and put AD back out into LF.

If Dunn has: A. the desire and B. the ability, to play 1B, then heck yeah, that solves a lot of problems. Dunn seems to struggle more with balls on the ground, especially to his right, than he does with balls in the air. That makes me wonder if he can be an average 1B. IIRC, scouting reports in the past have said Dunn was far better in LF than he was when he tried his hand at 1B.

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    I like Rowand; his gritty, hard-nosed style of play would be a big hit here in Cincinnati. He's RH'd, which is helpful with all the LH hitters we currently have.

How did Votto go from champ to chump so quickly? He was all that until I read on CTrent's blog that Kriv and the FO think he will be a AAAA player. That's the only place I've read that, and it's spread like wildfire, that's for sure. I'm not against trading anyone, and I'd rather trade Votto than lose Dunn, that's for sure. In the end, I'd be OK with a Votto trade for some good, young pitching.

Can Dunn play 1B? O'B was going to groom him for that, and then Castellini bought the team, fired Dan O'B, brought on Kriv, who signed Dunn to the contract and then brought Hatty in and put AD back out into LF.

If Dunn has: A. the desire and B. the ability, to play 1B, then heck yeah, that solves a lot of problems. Dunn seems to struggle more with balls on the ground, especially to his right, than he does with balls in the air. That makes me wonder if he can be an average 1B. IIRC, scouting reports in the past have said Dunn was far better in LF than he was when he tried his hand at 1B.
    I think Votto is awesome and would love to have him on the Reds. However, I also feel that he's our most valuable trading chip. A lot of dominoes have to line up in this plan but I think it improves the offense and defense (at least in the outfield).

I don't know about Dunn's willingness to play 1st but it seems like he played there a few times earlier in his career and it wasn't the end of the world. Jeremy Giambi played a "don't hit to me!" outfield for the A's...I'm sure Dunn can play a potato chip handed first. It sure would make a lot of things on the team easier.

It may be pure fantasy.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

How about Aaron Rowand?

*Dunn to 1st

Radical!
    Where does that leave Hat? we must have him in the lineup
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Where does that leave Hat? we must have him in the lineup
    On the bench. That's another added benefit: a guy who gets on base and takes a lot of pitches coming off the bench.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

On the bench. That's another added benefit: a guy who gets on base and takes a lot of pitches coming off the bench.
    I think Hat could PH until he's 42. Problem is, the only place he can play the field is 1B, since he can't throw at all. He may need to move back to the AL to extend his career further than next year.

Turn Off Ads?