Not a good injury for a pitcher...

Re: Livingston out with a torn labrum

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Not a good injury for a pitcher...
    wonder who will pitch Sunday.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Well this stinks. I liked Livingston and was pleased the Reds gave him a chance. And now he's basically done.

Do we get more of Dumatrait?

4 man rotation please
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    ... Coffey called up.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Gosh Dang It!

That's too bad for the kid. The Mariners had given up on him and it looked like he had a chance to become a starter next year if he continued his improvement.

Keep the faith Livingston.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

How about a 2-man rotation?
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

Isn't that like the death blow. Seriously I know that sounds bad but the chances of coming back from that is almost none and then you have 2 years minimum if you can... I don't see how we can do anything except call up Cueto, Bailey, or Maloney. One of them has to be coming. I bet Maloney.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Dang. An already thin corp of starters gets even thinner.

Not to mention the bullpen is getting burned up.

Too bad for the kid.

Pay attention to the open sky

You just knew he wasn't right. He wasn't pitching with the same tempo, or throwing as many strikes. Too bad, for him. Just when a young player's career looks to be taking off he gets it yanked out from under him. So sad. The curse of Steve Foster strikes again.

Harang
    Arroyo
    Belisle
    Saarloos?
    Ramirez?
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

I know he wasn't the next Greg Maddux, but you hate to see a kid get injured just when things are "seemingly" taking off.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

If Saarloos hadn't piched last night, I'd give him the nod. He's not great, but I'd far rather have him pitch than Dumatrait or any of the minor leaguers.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

I think they need to consider Cueto or Bailey, Saarloos would not be able to pitch tonight or tomorrow if he is supposed to start on Sunday and saying last night was his first positive experience since almost May, I would hate to spot start him on Sunday. Any waiver wire guys we could get? Remember Michalak and Kim were starting here last year.

Where is Joe Mays when you need him.
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Fortunately, his game didn't rely on velocity. For that reason (plus I'd assume they caught the injury early), I think he seems to have a better chance to recover than most.

Turn Off Ads?