Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Livingston to DL, Coffey Up

Livingston to DL, Coffey Up

LHP Bobby Livingston today went on the 15-day disabled list with a tear in the labrum of his left shoulder. He will be evaluated again in about 10 days.

Livingston went 3-3, 5.27 in his 10 starts for the Reds.

His roster spot will be filled by RHP Todd Coffey, who has been recalled from Louisville.

Coffey went 2-1, 6.04 in 48 relief apps during 3 previous stints with the Reds and 2-0, 1.83 in 15 relief apps for the Bats.
    Maloney anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Livingston to DL, Coffey Up

Or will it be Gosling since Coffey was called up? I'd rather see Maloney

Can he be stopped?

crap, that explains some stuff. I hope bobby gets healthy and can compete for a spot on the roster this year or next. But right now, that adds another TBA for the Reds... no good.
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

Actually this makes Belisle the 3rd best starter currently!

Wasn't Homer supposed to start in Sarasota? Anyone hear how that went?

All the more pressure on Wayne to get a solid starter in the off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Maloney anyone?
    That would be interesting
    Most Vottomatic Player

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

If Livingston was scheduled to take the ball on Sunday it won't be Matt Maloney that takes his place. Maloney pitched 6 innings last night for Louisville. Saarloos would be my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Or will it be Gosling since Coffey was called up? I'd rather see Maloney
    I think it's just an extra bullpen arm until Sunday. Much like how the Reds haven't called Belisle up yet even though he is starting tomorrow.
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Can anyone explain what his injury is, what it means and if and when he can make a full recovery? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If Livingston was scheduled to take the ball on Sunday it won't be Matt Maloney that takes his place. Maloney pitched 6 innings last night for Louisville. Saarloos would be my choice.
    Cueto.

Quote Originally Posted by Krash View Post
    Can anyone explain what his injury is, what it means and if and when he can make a full recovery? Thanks.
    He's going to be out over a calendar year most likely.

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

News of all this and having Coffey come back up again is not good and shocked to hear about Bobby Livingston's labrum tear and is likely finished for the year. I would like to see Matt Maloney come up too. I mean, why not?

You might want to put the torn labrum in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Krash View Post
    Labrum is cartilage in the shoulder joint. For a pitcher it is a very difficult injury to recover from and some never do. There is virtually no chance of seeing him pitch next season.

I really feel bad for the kid, things were looking up for him this season and I think he could have been a decent starter for several seasons to come. I hope he can recover and come back at some point down the road.

It should be Cueto's turn for Chattanooga tonight. Homer is starting for Sarasota tonight. Maloney pitched last night.

So it will probably not be a gilmpse of the future on Sunday. Maybe they'll bring up Shearn. I'd kinda like to see that is its not going to be one of the kiddies.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Livingston already had questionable stuff, now he's got the worst possible injury a pitcher can have. I'd be suprised if he ever was a major league caliber starter again. It's a shame because I thought he had the makings of a good back end of the rotation starter.

Turn Off Ads?